Gozo Vs Malta

Old Jul 3rd 2011, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

maltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to behold
Default Gozo Vs Malta

I have lived in Malta for some time now and have little to complain about, many expats have chosen Gozo as their home abroad, can any of you tell me which they prefer and why? I haven't been to Gozo apart from a day trip 20 years ago which has erased itself from my memory but plenty of Maltese people highly praise the place, to the extent i may consider having a look around at the possibilities. Thanks.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 1:47 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gozo Vs Malta

Originally Posted by maltaman
I have lived in Malta for some time now and have little to complain about, many expats have chosen Gozo as their home abroad, can any of you tell me which they prefer and why? I haven't been to Gozo apart from a day trip 20 years ago which has erased itself from my memory but plenty of Maltese people highly praise the place, to the extent i may consider having a look around at the possibilities. Thanks.
If you live in Malta I'm surprised you havent hopped over to Gozo.
I was last in Malta in 1974 . We stayed in the Mellieha Bay Hotel which isnt too far away from there ... Unfortunately we didnt get to visit, but I was told it was a beautiful area, yet very quiet and uninhabited
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

maltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to behold

Your right Mitzyboy, i should have made a trip before now, i do have a good idea what Gozo is about, it must be even more laid back than i thought as non of them have woken up yet, only joking, be nice to hear what people think of life over there.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

burbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this point

We used to pop over to Malta regularly to stay with Maltese friends in Sliema over a 20 year period. Every opportunity to spend some time on Gozo was taken. Loved Victoria for it's almost cafe society with concerts & theatre. Very cultural place to be. The biggest draw was the diving. Oh such sweet memories. Our last visit was about 7 years ago though & we noticed how much private housing developments were popping up all over the place. (dam Place in the Sun!) The quiet coastal villages were becoming crowded & very touristy. I would still visit & have a jaunt about the island. There were wonderful pockets of privacy to explore.
If you do go, would you give an update please?
Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:21 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

IMO Gozo just looks so much cleaner, not that Malta looks dirty, I love Malta. I think it's just the fact it has painted road markings and generally looks tidier, Can't really put my finger on what makes it look this way.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:01 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
IMO Gozo just looks so much cleaner, not that Malta looks dirty, I love Malta. I think it's just the fact it has painted road markings and generally looks tidier, Can't really put my finger on what makes it look this way.
It is some few years since I was in Malta (never got to Gozo) but I seem to remember it as being dusty. Recall seeing a tractor working a field and it was all dust.
Could this be what the difference is ? ?
Old Jul 13th 2011, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

They don't have many road markings in Malta, God forbid they would have to stop, they only just started building features on the roundabouts to stop people driving over them. The Maltese residents feel they have achieved something if they come away from Gozo without a trafic violation ticket of some kind, maybe that is why the markings there have to be spot on.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

We honeymoon'd in Gozo about 8 years ago and fell in love with place. If we could have afforded to we would have moved there instead of France but the property is too expensive.
I've also visited Malta 3 times, I love them both, Gozo is probably a slower pace and less people.