EU/MALTESE ID

Old Nov 19th 2014, 11:05 am
Just Joined

CWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EU/MALTESE ID

I am going to apologise in advance to anyone who responds and reminds me that I should do my homework before making a move to Malta.

I have seen the threads regarding citizenship. I am moving to Gozo in 2 weeks, permanently.

Is someone able to guide me on the following questions (and yes I am sure there will be some internet site that could give me a ton of information):

(a) - how long do you have to be on the island (Gozo) before applying for residency?
(b) - is there an office in Gozo where this paperwork can be administered without a visit to the mainland?

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Caroline
Old Nov 20th 2014, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EU/MALTESE ID

1) You apply immediately. Otherwise you won't be able to get anything done, car insurance, bank account, etc. All needs Maltese ID / eResidence for foreigners. The Maltese ID card is for Maltese citizens only, and the eResidence card is for resident EU citizens or 3rd country nationals. Here is the link for the forms. Don't hesitate to ask me if you have a question re which form is applicable Residence

2) No, unfortunately you must go to the mainland according to http://homeaffairs.gov.mt/en/MHAS-In...09%20%2014.pdf

Let me know if you have any questions Whilst there are some on here who are impatient, others are happy to help. Welcome to paradise!
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 3:48 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CWaters
I am going to apologize in advance to anyone who responds and reminds me that I should do my homework before making a move to Malta.

I have seen the threads regarding citizenship. I am moving to Gozo in 2 weeks, permanently.

wow, so sudden eh!

Best of luck & do post your findings
Old Nov 25th 2014, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

CWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Apologies for delayed thanks to your informative response, very much appreciated.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute