Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Malta
Reload this Page >

50 years of independence

50 years of independence

Old Sep 20th 2014, 1:13 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default 50 years of independence

On the 21st September it will be 50 years of independence. Looking back, was it the right thing to do?

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...-legacy.536054

50 years of Independence – special supplement out on Sunday - The Malta Independent
Old Sep 20th 2014, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 50 years of independence

I think Malta would have a better economy today if it were joined with the UK. Sort of like if Canada took Turks and Caicos as a province.

On the other hand, if Malta was a full part of the UK under normal UK "British citizen" citizenship laws, I wouldn't be able to be a Maltese (or UK as the case may be) citizen right now due to the one-generation by descent rule. But, I guess i'd technically be able to get an ancestry visa.