Where to go?????

Old Feb 11th 2011, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice
Default Re: Where to go?????

indeed!!
Old Feb 11th 2011, 11:11 am
Banned

stranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nice

Originally Posted by bakedbean
I think Atilla is researching for somewhere to actually live and retire. Would you recommend these places for retiring in? Cameron Highlands is a little remote, isn't it?

Bakedbean, I'm strongly suggest Atilla retired in Cameron Highlands, its wonderful and lovely place ..if was me..I definetly do...I don't know her/his taste...but my taste far different than others...

Good luck Atilla, you sound female, or I might wrong..apologies me..no sweat
Old Feb 11th 2011, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

For mine, Cameron Highlands is a great place to holiday, (as is Frasers Hill), but I would soon get tired of it. Having said that, places like Ipoh and Taiping are often overlooked, are at the foothills of the mountains, excellent infrastructure, very friendly people, English widely and well spoken and half the price of Penang. Looks like the region may get a Low Cost Carrier Terminal in the near future as well. I especially like walking around the Taiping lake and for exercise walking up Maxwell Hill.....and food to rival Penang as well.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Strider24
For mine, Cameron Highlands is a great place to holiday, (as is Frasers Hill), but I would soon get tired of it. Having said that, places like Ipoh and Taiping are often overlooked, are at the foothills of the mountains, excellent infrastructure, very friendly people, English widely and well spoken and half the price of Penang. Looks like the region may get a Low Cost Carrier Terminal in the near future as well. I especially like walking around the Taiping lake and for exercise walking up Maxwell Hill.....and food to rival Penang as well.
Can you recommend hotels.

Cheap and cheerful does us fine.

It's the people we like to see not an 'international' class hotels.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

These days I stay with friends, however I used to stay at the old rest house in Taiping, which I think is now converted to the Lagenda Hotel, but no idea what its like now. More often I would stay at the Furama Hotel, not far from the lake. Ipoh, have always stayed with friends, however Sun Inns at Tambun is on the outskirts of Ipoh, close to the limestone rock walls and where the best pomello are grown.

From both towns, its an easy drive to Sitiawan/Lumut/ Pangkor Island area and the Royal town of Kuala Kangsar, another lovely town not far away....oh and don't forget Kelly's Castle, or Batu Gajah (Elephant Rock)
Old Feb 11th 2011, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice

Originally Posted by stranded traveller
Good luck Atilla, you sound female, or I might wrong..apologies me..no sweat
Odd assumption, and wrong, don't give up the day job
Old Feb 12th 2011, 7:39 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stranded traveller
Bakedbean, I'm strongly suggest Atilla retired in Cameron Highlands, its wonderful and lovely place ..if was me..I definetly do...
Ya but Stranded, I see from your Public Profile that you're just a young thing and you're going to just have to take my word for it, that the priorities change a little bit when you're in your 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and beyond.

Does Cameron Highlands have good hospitals close by? Kliniks? Supermarkets?

Or am I just over-practical?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 7:40 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atilla
Odd assumption, and wrong, don't give up the day job
I thought you sounded like a man - Atilla was a man wasn't he?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Certainly was, and a particularly pleasant one

You are right though, where I would have lived when I was 20 is a totally different prospect to where I'd live now
Old Feb 12th 2011, 8:29 am
Banned

stranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nice

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Ya but Stranded, I see from your Public Profile that you're just a young thing and you're going to just have to take my word for it, that the priorities change a little bit when you're in your 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and beyond.

Does Cameron Highlands have good hospitals close by? Kliniks? Supermarkets?

Or am I just over-practical?
Not young, but classy!
I could say they have hospitals, unsure if they are good one, clinic yes for sure..supermarkets?no they don't!
Old Feb 12th 2011, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Sounds a bit of odd choice for somewhere to live? I might visit but I'm not sure it will offer what I'm after.

Other thing I am bothered about is condo or not. The only thing that bothers me about a condo is that the quality of life depends very much on who your neighbours are. I am concerned about that as sometimes I also like to have a 'blow out' with a few (or even a lot of) beers and Genesis/U2 blaring out at some quite high decibel levels (some music can't be played on '3' ). Equally, I don't want to be up half the night because others are. Tough call but condos may not be the right choice.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 8:56 am
Banned

Atilla,
you sound bit fussy, but you still have more time to figure out, you might right to retired in C.Highlands might not be the best choice..I think so!
different ppl with diff needs..
I wish you all the best for your searching,hope you will find soon...ok
Old Feb 12th 2011, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Atilla
sometimes I also like to have a 'blow out' with a few (or even a lot of) beers and Genesis/U2 blaring out at some quite high decibel levels
On second thoughts, maybe a remote house in Cameron Highlands would be just perfect

Seriously, it's a difficult one. We went from condo unit (Singapore) to detached villa (Thailand) and now back to condo unit again (Penang). So I guess we are muddled. It's basically a compromise isn't it?

Some things good about houses. Some things good about condos. Maybe you should try renting first to see how good/bad it is.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 9:02 am
Banned

Strongly agreed with Bakedbean
Old Feb 12th 2011, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Soo many places would suit. For excellent shopping, its hard to beat the Sri Manjung/Sitiawan area, which has a monster Tesco and Giant, plus v.large "The Store" and Billion plus Econsave. V. few traffic jams, choices of semi D, bungalows or condo's. As for noise, I have a friend who lives opposite a small mosque and there seems to be an agreement that they wake him up and he keeps them awake with his music...at any hour.

Personally I like good condo's, as I can use some v.good earphones for music, have drinking mates close by, low maintenance and when I want to explore this wonderful region, I just walk out and close the door.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.