Reload this Page >

Visa enquiry to Malaysia

Visa enquiry to Malaysia

Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

gMission is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa enquiry to Malaysia

HI guys,

Hope someone can hep with my query. I intend to move to Malaysia on a semi-permanent basis, but before I take the plunge, I would like to make sure that Malaysia is thr right place for me. So if I intend to stay longer then the 3 months permitted by the visiting visa, what should I do inorder to extend my stay? Anyone know? I'm a British citizen. Thanks in advanced.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 9:57 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa enquiry to Malaysia

Visa run I would think is simplest. I have a friend in KL who has been doing this for years. Basically, leave Malaysia for a nearby country (Singapore, Thailand you can visit without visa) for a short trip and go back in - another 3 months on your passport.

Maybe someone living in Malaysia can confirm this?
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

lee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant future

20rm(3 quid) on a luxury coach from KL takes 4 hrs to Singapore they go all day everyday
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replys. Will there be a problem if I turn up in Malaysia with a one-way ticket? They don't normally check do they?
Old Jun 20th 2008, 10:32 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gMission
Thanks for the replys. Will there be a problem if I turn up in Malaysia with a one-way ticket? They don't normally check do they?
Well I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem. My friend has been living in Malaysia for quite a few years and doesn't have any return ticket to anywhere as he considers KL his home.

Had another friend who stayed in Malaysia for 2 years doing visa runs down to Singapore while her husband was working in China.

It seems to be very common for expats in Malaysia (and Thailand too - though can be a little more complicated I believe).

Again, maybe someone in Malaysia can confirm.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Thanks! This is all looking very "doable"! Just gotta shift the house in the UK now.
Old May 27th 2009, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

haru is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, i am a british citizen, and trying to get work ing malaysia, will it be a hard thing?... do i need a working visa or something?...