Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving to KL

Thinking of moving to KL

Old Feb 2nd 2013, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

NatashaE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of moving to KL

Hi there,

Pleasssse can you help me? I'm thinking of transferring offices from London to KL. I would be greatful if I could get some advice regarding accommodation prices and useful websites (1-2 bedroom), areas to live in Bukit Bandaraya (that are no too hectic or built up), social life for a 35 year old single female, cost of living, travelling around KL (e.g. could I cycle??).

I think that's it for now

I look forward to hearing from you
Tash
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving to KL

Originally Posted by NatashaE
Hi there,

Pleasssse can you help me? I'm thinking of transferring offices from London to KL. I would be greatful if I could get some advice regarding accommodation prices and useful websites (1-2 bedroom), areas to live in Bukit Bandaraya (that are no too hectic or built up), social life for a 35 year old single female, cost of living, travelling around KL (e.g. could I cycle??).

I think that's it for now

I look forward to hearing from you
Tash
mudah.my and propertyguru may give you a start
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 1:25 am
Just Joined

Blackpudlian is an unknown quantity at this point

You could cycle, but I wouldnt recommend it. The driving standards are very low , and the roads haven`t really been designed with cyclists in mind. There is plenty of nightlife though, lots of late bars in KL City Centre or out in Bangsar. the closer you are to the City the more expensive it gets, I would say about 800- 1000 quid a month, will get you something not too far out of town, you could go much cheaper, depends what you want, the traffic is horrendous at times, and taxis dissappear when its raining, probably something to do with lots of them having bald tires and no wipers, but the light rail system is quite good.

If I was you I would make the move
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 2:09 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tash and to the forum. Do have a good browse through the existing threads on this section of the forum. There are already a LOT of threads relating to moving to and living in KL. You might want to tag on to some existing threads.

We have quite a few KL residents on this board now, so no doubt they will be along soon to advise you. All the best
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blackpudlian
You could cycle, but I wouldnt recommend it. The driving standards are very low , and the roads haven`t really been designed with cyclists in mind. There is plenty of nightlife though, lots of late bars in KL City Centre or out in Bangsar. the closer you are to the City the more expensive it gets, I would say about 800- 1000 quid a month, will get you something not too far out of town, you could go much cheaper, depends what you want, the traffic is horrendous at times, and taxis dissappear when its raining, probably something to do with lots of them having bald tires and no wipers, but the light rail system is quite good.

If I was you I would make the move
Thanks for your reply. When you say 800-1000 quid I'm assuming that you mean pounds? I would like to live somewhere a bit out of the city where it feels like I'm actually in Malaysia... Is that possible? What are the main things that you like about KL?

Tash
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi Tash and to the forum. Do have a good browse through the existing threads on this section of the forum. There are already a LOT of threads relating to moving to and living in KL. You might want to tag on to some existing threads.

We have quite a few KL residents on this board now, so no doubt they will be along soon to advise you. All the best