Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Sunny Penang - what's everyone up to?

Sunny Penang - what's everyone up to?

Old Oct 22nd 2012, 2:20 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sunny Penang - what's everyone up to?

It's Monday and another gorgeous sunny day in Penang. What's everyone up to out there? Doing anything exciting this week?

I am chugging along in a quiet and slow retired haze. Off to the supermarket this morning (exciting eh?). Must think about getting some jabs done (overdue). A bit of reading, a bit of cooking, a bit of internet, a bit of walking, a bit of learning Malay. Going out for a little drive tomorrow. That's about it. How about you?
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

PenangIsGreat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sunny Penang - what's everyone up to?

All, I've been doing is eating, eating, and more eating. I love my food. Been trying alot of different places my friends have been recommending. Going to Fishermans Wharf for a set dinner in a private room with karaoke tomorrow night. Maybe checking out movies at Gurney Plaza or Queensbay Mall. Been to Batu Ferringhi Beach for a nice afternoon stroll the other day. Didn't realise that the prices in the Batu Ferringhi tourist belt is alot more expensive than local prices. Probably going shopping too at Gurney Plaza or Queensbay Mall. Need some clothes and souveniers to bring back to UK. Then planning on eating more local foods or some western food depending what I feel like since the price is so much cheaper than UK prices. I'll just have to go running again when I get back
Old Oct 24th 2012, 3:10 am
Just Joined

akee is just really niceakee is just really niceakee is just really niceakee is just really niceakee is just really niceakee is just really niceakee is just really niceakee is just really nice

For me it is classes and entertaining potential buyers for my house in Tanjung Bungah... Heading to Kuching this weekend.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 5:30 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PenangIsGreat
Need some clothes and souveniers to bring back to UK.
Have you been to Straits Quay yet? Nice place to walk around by the waterfront, admire all the glitzy yachts. I went down there this morning.

Re: souvenirs, depending on what you want to spend, there's a Selangor Pewter shop down at Straits Quay. Not cheap mind, but very nice stuff if you want to spend a few bob.

Gurney Plaza is a good place to browse around.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by akee
For me it is classes and entertaining potential buyers for my house in Tanjung Bungah... Heading to Kuching this weekend.
Oh, are you moving? Staying in Tg Bungah? I like Tg Bungah.

By the way, probably a bit of a longshot, but BE has a Classifieds section on this forum. You can advertise your house on there if you wish. Just go check out on the Classifieds tab above on the blue strip.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 9:55 am
Just Joined

akee is just really niceakee is just really niceakee is just really niceakee is just really niceakee is just really niceakee is just really niceakee is just really niceakee is just really nice

Thanks bakedbean... Yeah! I am from Tg Bungah. There is no place like home.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe after I get back from Kuching, I will put up an ad. I actually have a buyer from the UK who is looking for a partner investor (50/50) to purchase this property of mine. But for now, I am contacting all the local buyers first.

I heard too that minimum house investments for expats have been increased to 2M and above. Guess that sucks!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 2:27 pm

Penang has different thresholds for (a) foreigners and (b) MM2h foreigners. I guess you may know that?

I know for condos, mm2hers can buy at 500k. other foreigners it's 1 million. i'm not sure about landed.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bakedbean
It's Monday and another gorgeous sunny day in Penang. What's everyone up to out there? Doing anything exciting this week?

I am chugging along in a quiet and slow retired haze. Off to the supermarket this morning (exciting eh?). Must think about getting some jabs done (overdue). A bit of reading, a bit of cooking, a bit of internet, a bit of walking, a bit of learning Malay. Going out for a little drive tomorrow. That's about it. How about you?
Well glad to hear you are having some good weather. It is about the time I had hoped to retire and set up in Penang. Unfortunately other events have overtaken me and sadly don't think it will happen now!

Nice here in Dubai too. 32-35C and humidity way down!
Old Oct 26th 2012, 6:22 am

Sorry to hear that Jim. That's a pity for you. Hope it's nothing too untoward. Life is full of surprises and plans get changed. That's happened to us many times.

I imagine you've got the best of Dubai weather coming up?
Old Oct 27th 2012, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Sorry to hear that Jim. That's a pity for you. Hope it's nothing too untoward. Life is full of surprises and plans get changed. That's happened to us many times.

I imagine you've got the best of Dubai weather coming up?
Indeed we are in the 5-6 months of wonderful winter weather! Sent you a PM.
Jim.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 7:51 am

Yes that's what I figured, Jim. I've just sent a reply to your PM.... this is probably the longest PM I've ever written You'll understand why when you read it.

If anyone is interested, it's still hot and sunny in Penang today. Has monsoon finished? I suppose it has
Old Nov 11th 2012, 12:20 pm

Don't know about you but plenty of mini-explosions going off here....build up to Deepavali on Tuesday I guess.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 3:33 am

What a gorgeous day. I drove over to Tanjung Bungah pos office today to post my Christmas cards to far flung places. Do you bother with Christmas cards these days? I'm whittling mine down to ancient aunties and those too old to use internet. The numbers are going down each year.

Decided to park up by the beach there and have a little stroll along the beach. It ain't the best beach in the world but, on the other hand, it isn't bad.
Attached Thumbnails Sunny Penang - what's everyone up to?-tg-bg-beach-dec-8th-2012.jpg  
Old Dec 8th 2012, 3:35 am

Here's another one. I'm in snap happy mood today

Glad I'm not in UK in the snow.... brrrrrrr
Attached Thumbnails Sunny Penang - what's everyone up to?-tg-bg-beach-2.jpg  
Old Dec 8th 2012, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Scrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really nice

I send cards to immediate family and some friends but I order mine online to go direct to the recipient.

There are 2 quite good websites that I use and they normally arrive the following day.

I have been receiving e-cards of late which aren't quite the same as receiving an actual card but costs nothing - thought that counts!

It is indeed another beautiful day here and I'm just about to go for a swim. So glad I'm not back in freezing cold England! LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.