SEP2009 - Malaysia MM2H

Old Sep 20th 2009, 6:29 pm
PSC
Just Joined

PSC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SEP2009 - Malaysia MM2H

I am totally confused as to what exactly is required. During 2007 when my wife and I first heard of the Malaysian MM2H scheme we attended an MM2H seminar and at the time were informed that an official MM2H Agent would be required as well as being required to attend an interview in Kuala Lumpur.

Now that we are ready to commit I telephoned the Malaysian High Commission in London requesting to be included on the next MM2H seminar, to finally clarify our understanding and verify information, only to be told that there was not going to be one and that they could help me over the telephone.

First they told me an agent is no longer required. They seem know nothing about the financial commitments for a couple telling me all that was required was a ten ringgits deposit per applicant and as for attending the KL interview they appeared to know nothing about this either or what additional documents would be required.They could neither confirmor deny that when making the MM2H application one has to make the application in the place/city/town/village where one intends to settle down.

Can anybody give any pointers?
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

djoerk is a jewel in the roughdjoerk is a jewel in the roughdjoerk is a jewel in the roughdjoerk is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: SEP2009 - Malaysia MM2H

Can anybody give any pointers?[/QUOTE]

Very good site with loads of information :
http://www.my2home.info/index.php

...and no agent required now with lower entry on property purchase.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Chris351 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are permitted, do it yourself, it's easy.
I did it just before the , "Must use agent.." rule went into effect because agent's fees were outrageous. The top of the Google search site , Domus Alter ... whatever wanted 1000 $ - way too much.

I ended up through poor planning spending a lot of money on notarizing copies such as every page in my passport, etc.. .
Find a flat feed notary or might need the MY Embassy to notarize, (no doubt expensive) if you're doing by mail from foreign location. ( though don't know if by mail is possible.)
The MY Govt MMSH ^ site is very informative.

As with anything found on the web, don't trust the folks behind the agent sites necessarily because they come up first on Google , it just a system of advertising.

Last edited by Chris351; Sep 22nd 2009 at 6:54 am. Reason: Clarification
Old Sep 27th 2009, 7:45 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Alter Domus is one of the more expensive agents though they have a good reputation. There are however a lot more cheaper ones - you just need to research.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

djoerk is a jewel in the roughdjoerk is a jewel in the roughdjoerk is a jewel in the roughdjoerk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Alter Domus is one of the more expensive agents though they have a good reputation. There are however a lot more cheaper ones - you just need to research.
The best research site which has nothing to do with - nor is affiliated in any way with Agencies - is
http://www.my2home.info/index.php

It's Forum Users have either been through the application process and are living in MY or are thinking of going through it. HUGE amount of information - the best on the internet on MM2H.

You do not need to use an Agency any more - too many complaints about their cost. However, if you do not want the hassle of DIY - the Forum Users can tell you about which ones they used - only a very few pass their standards!
Old Sep 27th 2009, 10:10 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Djoerk - I've just sent you a PM. You know me

I've done a lot of reading on the site lately - and confirm it's a good place to get info on MM2H. Anyone interested in MM2H, do take a look.

Since the re-emergence of being able to do DIY, there are some cheaper agencies than before. I only mentioned Alter Domus as Chris mentioned them. They are jolly expensive and I wouldn't use them but they do get good recommendations on the site - from people who really don't have the time to do their homework and need to be handheld all the way through the process.

The one that gets the best ratings on the site these days is Joy-Stay - who charge a fraction of the price compared with Alter Domus. They are very thorough and keep up with the rules that are ever changing and, once they accept your application, they guarantee the visa or your money back - which seems very fair. I don't think any other agency does this?

If you're in Malaysia and understand the system (or in a nearby country), sure - you can do DIY and save some money. Is it workable doing it DIY from a far-flung country? What do you think Djoerk?
Old Sep 27th 2009, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Djoerk - I've just sent you a PM. You know me
What do you think Djoerk?
Total Agreement

Thanks for PM about the children ! rofl:
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:55 am
Just Joined

ErikThe Red is an unknown quantity at this point

Alter Domus is an agent to avoid.

Not only do they charge an Outrageous fee they supplement this with an arrogant and self-important attitude. Not a good introduction to Malaysian Agents.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:20 am

I agree that it's an outrageous fee for sure but there's been quite a few people on www.my2home.info forum that have used them and been pleased with their service. (Not me.)

Erik, do you have personal experience of this agency? Any you recommend?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:28 am
Just Joined

ErikThe Red is an unknown quantity at this point

We were in the process of interviewing a number of agents both in KL and Penang with the view to selecting an agent to use for our MM2H application.

In the middle of this "homework" period the rule changed allowing individuals now to make their own applications. This is the path we have decided to follow when we come to make our application.

With the new "one stop" MM2H office now established in KL it should be quite an easy task to prepare ones own application in the near future.

When we were in the process of selecting our prospective agent we had some interesting times with a few agents failing to turn up for pre-arranged meetings,

Alter Domus were "much to busy" to make the effort to meet with us at the Rasa Sayang in Batu Ferringhi, Penang and insisted we had to come to their office in George Town - whereas other, less expensive agents were quite happy to meet with us at our leisure at our hotel. If you want the business then surely it's worth a little effort? It's all about credibility, we're not a captive audience.

To answer you question: The most professional agent we met was Eric ? (I forget his surname) at the Richmond Agency in KL. He had all the facts at his fingertips and was able to give me some very sound advice on matters such as the cost of buying a Malaysian assembled Mercedes Benz as opposed to importing our Volvo.

If we still had to use an agent this would be my first port of call.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

mrfaroukh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PSC
I am totally confused as to what exactly is required. During 2007 when my wife and I first heard of the Malaysian MM2H scheme we attended an MM2H seminar and at the time were informed that an official MM2H Agent would be required as well as being required to attend an interview in Kuala Lumpur.

Now that we are ready to commit I telephoned the Malaysian High Commission in London requesting to be included on the next MM2H seminar, to finally clarify our understanding and verify information, only to be told that there was not going to be one and that they could help me over the telephone.

First they told me an agent is no longer required. They seem know nothing about the financial commitments for a couple telling me all that was required was a ten ringgits deposit per applicant and as for attending the KL interview they appeared to know nothing about this either or what additional documents would be required.They could neither confirmor deny that when making the MM2H application one has to make the application in the place/city/town/village where one intends to settle down.

Hello, the best and correct information you can get is from the Malaysian government site, so you are sure you have the current and correct information. Here you can find information about all kind of visa's, application forms etc. Good luck and let us know how did it go.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: SEP2009 - Malaysia MM2H

Originally Posted by PSC

Hello again sorry I forgot to add the link for visa enquiries , here it is http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en

Good reading
Old Nov 5th 2009, 9:44 am

The link above goes to Malaysian Immigration. Direct link to the government website (run by Ministry of Tourism) is www.mm2h.gov.my - all up to date info on there.

Lots of people discuss the visa scheme and all the changes on the forum that Djoerk mentioned above.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: SEP2009 - Malaysia MM2H

The link above goes to Malaysian Immigration. Direct link to the government website (run by Ministry of Tourism) is www.mm2h.gov.my - all up to date info on there.

Lots of people discuss the visa scheme and all the changes on the forum that Djoerk mentioned above.

Hello: The link you send is one of the options under the link I send, the last coloum under Foreigners. when you click on it a new pop up window open which is the link you send.

Under the immigration site I send you will find all types of visa etc.

Take care
Old Nov 6th 2009, 1:36 am

okay - sometimes I forget that not everyone is retired