Recommended Movers?

Old Jul 6th 2015, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Foodi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommended Movers?

Hi all,

I will be leaving Malaysia at the end of this month and am looking for a mover to ship my stuffs from Penang. Is there any good mover that you could recommend beyond Crown Relocations and Allied Pickfords?

Many thanks.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 12:25 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended Movers?

Sorry...I'm another Allied Pickfords fan.

Where are you off to Foodi ?
Old Jul 6th 2015, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Sorry...I'm another Allied Pickfords fan.

Where are you off to Foodi ?
Thanks BB, I have used AP and CR before and were happy with both of them but their quote this time was a bit pricey so I'm looking for some other reputed local movers to compare.

This is just a work related relocation. We will keep our MM2H visa and will be back here when there is an opportunity!
Old Jul 7th 2015, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

man from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond repute

You say local movers ? if you mean you are just going to say Singapore then many local companies would no doubt trunk it down for you, if however its overseas then very limited selection we also used AP at the time were found to be the best. Any international shipper you use will have to come up from KL with the lorries & crews, normally they try & arrange to drop off & pick up on same trip its works out easlier costing for both paries, you may ask are they doing that ?
Old Jul 8th 2015, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by man from emas
You say local movers ? if you mean you are just going to say Singapore then many local companies would no doubt trunk it down for you, if however its overseas then very limited selection we also used AP at the time were found to be the best. Any international shipper you use will have to come up from KL with the lorries & crews, normally they try & arrange to drop off & pick up on same trip its works out easlier costing for both paries, you may ask are they doing that ?
Hi, thanks for pitching in. I meant Malaysian companies, that are not known internationally but can ship overseas. If I use AP, they will also have to come from KL. Thanks.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

Stuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond repute

We used Santa Fe when we moved from Penang to Chiang Mai earlier this year and we would use them again. Out of all the big ones their quote was the best.

Office in Penang | Santa Fe Relocation Services
Old Jul 9th 2015, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stuurman
We used Santa Fe when we moved from Penang to Chiang Mai earlier this year and we would use them again. Out of all the big ones their quote was the best.

Office in Penang | Santa Fe Relocation Services
Thanks a lot Stuurman for the tip. I will write to them soonest. So you moved to Chiang Mai after Penang, how is it up there? If we ever consider Thailand, Chiang Mai would be my choice as well.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Stuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond reputeStuurman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Foodi
Thanks a lot Stuurman for the tip. I will write to them soonest. So you moved to Chiang Mai after Penang, how is it up there? If we ever consider Thailand, Chiang Mai would be my choice as well.
Chiang Mai is great, the only regret I have is that we didn't move here sooner.