Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Pro's and Con's - Life in KL

Pro's and Con's - Life in KL

Old Jan 5th 2011, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

joamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pro's and Con's - Life in KL

Originally Posted by MrMark
Nice post, I love it. How can you find work before coming over? I visited Malaysia before and I loved it. I want to find away to get a contract for year and try it out to see if I want to stay in KL.

Can you tell me where did you look to find work?

Thanks,
Mark
Hi Mark,
I'm a scientist and found my job in the New Scientist where a lot of science jobs are posted. It just seemed like my dream job so I applied, despite never having visited before.
We are now a month in and still enjoying it. We've moved into a lovely house that we've rented and each day i think how lucky i am to have had this opportunity. Sure somethings are annoying, like spending an hour in a queue at the bank the other day waiting for a bankers draft to be made out, but i soon made up for it when i went for a sunset swim after work!
Anyone thinking of coming out, do it, it's great.
What field are you in? What kind of job are you interested in?
Keep your eyes peeled and hopefully you'll find something!
Jo
Old Jan 5th 2011, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

mnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant futuremnicol has a brilliant future
Default Re: Pro's and Con's - Life in KL

Originally Posted by joamelie
Hi Mark,
I'm a scientist and found my job in the New Scientist where a lot of science jobs are posted. It just seemed like my dream job so I applied, despite never having visited before.
We are now a month in and still enjoying it. We've moved into a lovely house that we've rented and each day i think how lucky i am to have had this opportunity. Sure somethings are annoying, like spending an hour in a queue at the bank the other day waiting for a bankers draft to be made out, but i soon made up for it when i went for a sunset swim after work!
Jo
I was exactly the same - hadn't left Europe before and saw my dream job advertised on an industry related job website so I applied and haven't looked back. Of course there are always the irritating things about like in a different culture, but there are irritating things everywhere and like you say a dip in the pool after work helps to relax! (not that I've been in mine for a few months now - time to get back to it this evening after over indulging this christmas!

Old Jan 5th 2011, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

MrMark is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Pro's and Con's - Life in KL

Originally Posted by joamelie
Hi Mark,
Jo
Hi joamelie,

Thanks for the reply. I am a senior technology and telecom architect, designing and implementing complex telecommunication and computer networks. I recently implemented one of the major ones here in Vancouver and also worked for the Winter Olympic project. I have 14 years of experience.
Do you recommend a job search website?

Thanks,
Mark.