Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Please help! Can a married 25 year man work in Kuala Lumpa?

Please help! Can a married 25 year man work in Kuala Lumpa?

Old Jan 25th 2013, 6:39 am
Just Joined

harleybear35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help! Can a married 25 year man work in Kuala Lumpa?

Hello! I was looking for some advice, thank you in advance to anyone who replies.

I am teacher and have secured an interview to teach in Kuala Lumpar so me and my soon to be husband have been researching into relocating there. We are super confused about whether he would be able to realistically get a job or not though. He is 25, does he need to be 27 to apply for the majority of jobs? I know it's different (23) for ICT but he has no training or experience in this sector.

He is currently a manager of a hotel but has also worked as a painter and decorator. Ideally we were hoping that we could spend school holidays etc exploring Malaysia so he was hoping to find a job with friendlier hours than he works now, ie less nights and weekends. Again, is this totally unrealistic?!

Thank you again to anyone that helps, it really is appreciated!! xx
Old Jan 25th 2013, 8:15 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help! Can a married 25 year man work in Kuala Lumpa?

Hi there, just to say welcome to the forum. I'm not in KL so cannot help much. I'm sure some KL residents, more knowledgable than me, will be along soon to advise. All the best.