Penang robbery

Old Jan 4th 2013, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Penang robbery

From another site.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iIskaUwzoQ

Anybody know where it took place?
Old Jan 4th 2013, 5:43 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Penang 7 Village robbery

Not much of a clue. Could be anywhere, couldn't it. It says below the youtube that it is "Penang 7 Village" which seems to be a chain of eateries. I did a google and it came up with one place in Bukit Mertajam and one place in Prai/Butterworth, both places on the mainland in Penang state.

Y'know these things happen everywhere I'm afraid. I was surprised by what I heard when I was down in Singapore last time. Crime definitely increasing down there and the word on the street is that it is non-Singaporeans coming into the island who are responsible. I have no idea. What do you think?

Penang island is certainly not crime-free (and I've had direct experience of that, as you know) but not the worse place in the world for sure.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Penang robbery

Well in Singapore the population has increased from around 2.5 million to 5million+ in around 6 years. IMO. Haven't got any figures to hand.
But that is massive immigration and although the Gov here has tried to
be selective as usual, many 'undesirables' have got in either directly or as relations etc. Increase in population was a Gov initiative because of historically low birth rate here.

The fact that crime has increased because of immigration is to some extent apocryphal and no point going into the causes from my point of view.

There's a similar youtube showing a similar attack in a coffee shop in JB iirc.

But thinking back to when I first came to Singapore 30 years ago I recall that a short period after I moved into my apartment in Grange Rd just off Orchard Rd there were 4 or 5 murders in that area. (wasn't me officer)
So things don't really change for the better.