Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Penang regular meetups for mm2hers and newbies

Penang regular meetups for mm2hers and newbies

Old Jan 31st 2015, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

steveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Penang regular meetups for mm2hers and newbies

@ NeonHippy pease have a look a little above http://britishexpats.com/forum/malay.../#post11531742
and follow the answers below, all on page 3.

We welcome every newbie, but also to mention, we do not know who meets exactly there. We like more the Viva meetings, others more BF or both. So
Old Jan 31st 2015, 7:26 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Viva meetups are better, though I haven't been able to get along lately.

SteveMY, I noticed that the next Makan is on Tuesday Feb 24th. Is Viva going to be open? CNY starts on Feb 19th and Penang tends to close day for a week or two. Might be worth checking. I'll ask around too.
Old Jan 31st 2015, 7:49 am
Just Joined

8888riviera is an unknown quantity at this point

Could be a good idea to bring the meetup date a few days before CNY. I know we had just had a meetup and there is no reason not to have one a couple of weeks later as it would give the newbies a chance to meet up with the regulars as they had missed the last one before they leave for home. We will be here till 16/2 and would be glad to attend another meetup if there is one. Many thanks and CNY is on the 19/2 and very often most businesses often closed a few days early to prepare for the festive season.
Old Jan 31st 2015, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute

Instructions on page 3 noted thank you. We also fly home on 16th so would be happy to attend viva before then if possible. If you can set a date I will email the other two couples. They are alredy on mm2h but I don't think they follow this forum.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

steveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond reputesteveMY has a reputation beyond repute

@NeonHippy and 8888riviera,

the next announced meeting is on 10.02. in Batu Ferringhi, which we cannot attend.

Beside that and if you want, we can meet at Viva Foddcourt on friday 6.2. at 6.30pm near the bar. All of you are welcome to join us.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Thanks, Steve we will be at Viva on the 6/2 and we look forward to meet up with the newbies. Hope they can find us this time. Will look out for them this time .
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 8888riviera
Hope they can find us this time.
hope they noticed my proposal.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

NeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond reputeNeonHippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveMY
hope they noticed my proposal.
@steveMY, we will be there. A newbie English couple have to pick someone up at the airport but said they would try to pop by later. We bumped into the French couple at thaipusam this norning and they seemed keen to come on Friday.
Old Feb 6th 2015, 2:30 pm
Expat in Malaysia

kingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all those who attended this evenings adhoc Makan at Viva, I don't know about you, but I haven't had such a convivial evening in ages - I even managed to get home without crashing my motorcycle :-)
Old Feb 7th 2015, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Theold100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, a very pleasant evening and it was good to meet up with the newbies, hope to meet up with you all again very soon.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Yes a very good evening and glad to have met the newbies and hope they enjoyed the evening as well. Very pleasant company and enjoyed talking to V and thanks to everyone there for a very pleasant evening.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

@8888riviera, yes it was very pleasant to meet you & V. We were able to write and thank the others personally via email but did not get your email address. Mr & Mrs neonhippy.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 9:55 am
Expat in Malaysia

kingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveMY
@NeonHippy and 8888riviera,

the next announced meeting is on 10.02. in Batu Ferringhi, which we cannot attend.
What time is kickoff for the Batu Ferringhi Coffee Meetup?

The reason I ask is I'd like to pop into Ron 'Sparks' The Tailor either before or afterwards to get measured for some new shirts.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 2:29 am
Just Joined

Let's make it at 2.30pm and hope it will be a good turn up and look forward to tomorrow.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Hi folks, Viva Foodcourt is open for next meetup on February 24th 2015 at 7pm!

MM2H MAKAN MEETUPS
at Viva Foodcourt, Tanjung Tokong are also held every few weeks.
Venue is located between the Chinese Swimming Club and Hotel Sentral (previously named the Naza Talyya Hotel).

See you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.