Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Parking prices in Penang

Parking prices in Penang

Old Jun 18th 2016, 8:58 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parking prices in Penang

OK, parking prices are diddley-squat compared with other things, but it seems to me that prices are mostly sneaking upwards.

I got caught out parking up down-under at Prima Tanjung the other day. Well I could've reversed out I suppose. But it seems that the parking management has changed. No longer the friendly Indian chappy at the booth. The barriers have gone, and I was greeted by no less than three Chinese guys demanding 4 ringgits. I said I was only going to be half an hour. Still FOUR ringgits

I noticed today that Precinct 10 (over the road from Prima Tanjung) is still doing free parking during the day until 7pm. So.... it's a no-brainer really.

Also....I was over at Pulau Tikus. Belisa Row? Y'know where the Astro shop and Digi shop is? As per normal, no coupon parking slots available at the front so I went round the back, knowing full well that usually it costs maybe RM 3 or thereabouts. Coming out of there, there's now a machine not a person and I got charged RM 7 !!
Old Jun 19th 2016, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parking prices in Penang

I experienced some time ago that prices at Prima Tanjung depend on whether you park on a weekday or during the weekend. On a weekday you pay when you leave and they charge by the hour. During the weekend they charge a flat rate and you pay when you enter.
Old Jun 19th 2016, 9:31 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parking prices in Penang

And now it's more