Moving to Petaling Jaya

Old Nov 21st 2015, 10:45 am
Just Joined

Liamd87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Petaling Jaya

Hi All,
Me and my wife are moving to Petaling Jaya in April.
My wife will be on a co dependant visa, this will restrict her from working I guess, will she be able to change her visa once out in Malaysia?
Also whats Petaling jaya like for a young couple? are there many expats who live in this area?
Cheers
Liam
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 8:27 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Petaling Jaya

Hello and welcome to the forum I've shifted your post out to its own topic, as it didn't seem relevant to the other topic's title. I hope you don't mind.

Hopefully some folks around PJ will give you some pointers on here.

I don't live there. I've visited a few times as I have some friends who live there. From the very little I know, there seems to be lots of things to do and places to eat and drink, and pubs. The traffic, like so much of the KL area, is pretty awful. Lots of traffic jams.
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Fung is an unknown quantity at this point

Liam, may i know where r u guys from?
Petaling Jaya is happening place especially SS2 area.
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 10:02 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. Why don't you tell us what's happening in SS2. And about PJ.

PS You need to change your forum name. It's against the Site Rules. Please contact BEVS to change it. Cheers.

Last edited by bakedbean; Nov 22nd 2015 at 10:04 pm. Reason: added
Old Feb 16th 2016, 8:42 am
Just Joined

CC84 is an unknown quantity at this point

A bit late, but my husband and I (early 30s) have been living in PJ for 3 months. Easy to get around/into KL, plenty of good places to eat, markets etc. and rental prices are much more affordable than mostly expat areas. Our condo is predominantly locals, but also a fair number of expats.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 8:43 am
Just Joined

CC84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, I'm on a dependent visa. Think it is possible to get a work permit if an employer will sponsor. I'm looking at freelance options at the moment, but finding it difficult to get clear information on what is and isn't allowed...
Old Feb 17th 2016, 5:01 am

Welcome to the forum CC84