Reload this Page >

Moving to Penang - work question

Moving to Penang - work question

Old Feb 17th 2016, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

robmg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Penang - work question

Originally Posted by CC84
A bit late, but my husband and I (early 30s) have been living in PJ for 3 months. Easy to get around/into KL, plenty of good places to eat, markets etc. and rental prices are much more affordable than mostly expat areas. Our condo is predominantly locals, but also a fair number of expats.
i have a question about working, i will be moving to penang with My wife, who is Malaysian chinese, she has a hawker store cooking Chinese food and prospectively European food, will i be able to work with or for her? Can anyone advise me.

Last edited by robmg; Feb 17th 2016 at 5:24 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 10:27 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Penang - work question

Hello and welcome to the forum I've shifted your post out to a new topic as it wasn't really related to Petaling Jaya. Hope you don't mind.

I guess the question is What kind of visa are you coming to Penang on?

If you are on MM2H, you cannot work. At least, it is difficult to get permission to work. You can read more about MM2H here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/retir...a-mm2h-757238/

I believe you can work if you are on the Long Term Social Visit Pass. I believe you can apply if you are married to a Malaysian. (Sorry, you haven't stated if you have this or not.) You can read more here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/malay...p-ltvp-811701/