moving to Kl Malayis

Old Aug 18th 2009, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Location: right now in scotland , but it looks like we are of to Malaysia Kl
dream123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to Kl Malayis

any help or advice Please.

It lookis like we are of to Kl Malaysia.
We have 4 girls age 4.7.9 and 11. one of our girls is disabled .

I dont know where to start. hmm

What to bring with us ???
What not to Bring??

Schools , how are they?

Please tell me all you know
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Kl Malayis

Shouldn't you have got answers to these questions before agreeing to move?

If you search the posts you'll find quite a few answers and there will be a lot more helpful posters than me around shortly

Generally I'm sure you'll be fine.
Specifically, sorry no help.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of
Default Re: moving to Kl Malayis

We lived there for 2 years - originally from Aberdeen but have moved internationally for the last 6 years. I have 4 kids too (9, 7, 5 and 3).

You'll need to provide a bit more information so that people can point you in the right direction:

are you getting a housing allowance,
schooling provided/allowance

At the big international schools (ISKL, Alice Smith etc) there are waiting lists so you would need to get an application in asap. Both schools have a bus service that will pick the kids up in the morning and drop them off.

My youngest child was born in Gleneagles hospital in KL, the care and medical facilities were fantastic.

ETA: at ISKL there were children with disabilities both learning and physical - not sure about Alice Smith. You may be asked to pay for the extra support for your daughter.

Galba

Last edited by galba; Aug 28th 2009 at 5:25 am.