Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Moving to KL in Aug 2013

Moving to KL in Aug 2013

Old Jun 18th 2013, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

wanderlust81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to KL in Aug 2013

Ha, cool! I had a feeling that we would all be flying together. We should all meet up at the airport
Old Jun 18th 2013, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

JB24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm starting at the primary school.

I'm flying out on the 16th as I'm flying from Manchester.

Check your junk mail Paz382. For some reason mine and my boyfriends flight info was there?

JB24
Old Jun 19th 2013, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

MashedPotatoesEater is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ,
For the shipping, wanderlust81 said that we are allowed 1 cubic meter. I did not receive that email from the headmaster . Where are you shipping it to? the school ? Do they reimburse us if we ship afterwards ? I plan to find an accommodation during the 2 weeks we are staying at the hotel. Then ship to my accommodation as my partner will be in the UK. For meeting at the airport, I think we should exchange phone numbers
Old Jun 20th 2013, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Paz382 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have just checked my junk folder and there is nothing in there either I will wait until tomorrow and then send them an email. Do they just book the flight for you? I am travelling out with my boyfriend, so want to be able to book him on the same flight.

Paz
Old Jun 20th 2013, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

There wasn't actually an official email about the shipping, he was just replying to an email that I sent him asking about it. He said that HR would be in contact shortly about it. Having said that, that was a few weeks ago. I might drop them a line...
Old Jun 20th 2013, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

I will ask also HR about shipping coz I am definitely shipping stuff there! For the ticket they will book it for you. They will give you a date and time and ask you to confirm if it is suitable for you. I don't know if my work permit has been approved but I guess it has because they booked my ticket. Time will fly ....
Old Jul 1st 2013, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

NewAdventure84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just joined the forum today as I have just been accepted on a scholarship for a MA in Education at an international school in KL. They provide accommodation so that's sorted.

Seems like some great advice here am so excited to start this new chapter hopefully flying out September
Old Jul 1st 2013, 1:41 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi new adventure and welcome to the forum. Hope it all works out well for you
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Well hello again everyone I got my contracts through today for the scholarship I've been offered and having done some more research into the school i am starting to worry.

Reviews from parents say the school is awful and on all the forums people are advised to stay well away. I haven't found any reviews from people taking the scholarship like myself and it is validating by a UK university.

The school is Fairview am starting to have second thoughts after anyone know anything about the school. I have not sent the contracts back yet.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NewAdventure84
Well hello again everyone I got my contracts through today for the scholarship I've been offered and having done some more research into the school i am starting to worry.

Reviews from parents say the school is awful and on all the forums people are advised to stay well away. I haven't found any reviews from people taking the scholarship like myself and it is validating by a UK university.

The school is Fairview am starting to have second thoughts after anyone know anything about the school. I have not sent the contracts back yet.
Presumably you did a fair amount of research before you applied and probably got at least one recommendation from someone you trusted.
So why worry about internet viewpoints, because you are only asking for more of the same.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 7:43 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with exReg.

I just did a google on the school + forum, and came up with one forum... and one guy on there having a right royal moan and.... hey.... same forum name as an old poster on BE, a teacher, who used to moan and moan and moan a lot on this forum.

What a coincidence
Old Jul 5th 2013, 6:55 am
Just Joined

yeah i did do loads of research before hand. i guess i just got a bit jittery big move and all.

Sent off the forms so can start packing its going to be an awesome experience.

I know no where is perfect just had a big jolt of nerves haha.

Thanks guys
Old Jul 29th 2013, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi all, the departure day approaches ... Have you shipped your stuff and looked for a place ? My stuffs are being shipped on 9th August. So are we meeting at Heathrow on the 14 ? How is coming apart from me ?
Old Jul 30th 2013, 11:17 am
Just Joined

FPoste is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, I´m flying out on the 14th from Heathrow and am up for meeting at the airport. Started looking for accommodation but nothing organised as yet -will arrange for some viewings in the first week. Very excited at this point!
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

I'll be there at Heathrow on the 14th, happy to meet up with anyone on the same flight, just drop me a private message.

I was kind of planning on sorting out house hunting when we arrive. I notice that our first two afternoons during our induction week (19th/20th) at school are set aside for looking at places with estate agents so I was presuming that we wouldn't need to organise viewings ourself before we leave.

Anyone organised anything themselves yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.