Moving TO KL

Old Dec 18th 2012, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

oldman48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving TO KL

HI All,, My wife is being moved to KL, and as I am the house person, looking after the boy, the wife, the dog, oh and Me, (Bottom of the list) we are looking to be out at the end of March, but coming to look around end of Jan or feb,
we are looking to live South or southeast of KL, I of couse will have to play golf some of the days, but I will keep up my baking,

any tip would be good,
I have all ways fitted in with the mums, I hope it because they like me and not the cakes I all ways take to coffee morning,

Regards oldman48
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:24 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving TO KL

Hi Oldman and welcome to the forum. Gosh.... a house husband who bakes.... if Mrs Oldman ever gets fed up with you, will you marry me? Only joking of course.

If you're coming out during February, bear in mind that everything tends to grind to a halt around Chinese New Year - that will be Feb 10, 11, 12. In Penang it tends to go on all week, not sure about KL.

As you can see I am in Penang, so not many tips I can give to you. We do have quite a lot of KL residents on here. I'm sure they will be along soon to give you some ideas. All the best with your plans
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldman48
HI All,, My wife is being moved to KL, and as I am the house person, looking after the boy, the wife, the dog, oh and Me......... but I will keep up my baking,

any tip would be good,
I have all ways fitted in with the mums, I hope it because they like me and not the cakes I all ways take to coffee morning,

Regards oldman48
Hi oldman48 - golf should be o.k. I believe there are a number of courses in and around KL. Baking though - I'm not an expert by any means, but I would think that an oven will probably be something of a rarity in rented accommodation! My wife and I are about to move to Melaka and have shipped everything over (it actually all arrived this morning, although we are still in the UK). We bought a range cooker in the UK (because I like to bake also, plus the odd roast won't go amiss either, being as I do not like spicy food! oh, and I have always wanted a range, so thought that was a good excuse!) and that was part of the shipment. In my experience, most houses will have a couple of gas burners and that's about it - as I say, though, I stand to be corrected from those on here that are more experienced on rented accommodation. Good Luck! Roy.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:59 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe no oven if you're living in the kampung? Or a *very* local urban area.

I think if you are living in one of the better off areas you should be fine.

Oldman, did you have any specific questions we could help with?
Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Dd33 is on a distinguished road

I agree with Ajw, you won't have a problem finding a house/condo with an oven by any means. If you like to golf there are lots of golf courses south and south east of the city, have you looked on iproperty.com.my it is a good place to start. If you are looking for moms and babies groups they are mostly in bangsar, bukit damansara, sri haratams and mont kiara. With the dog you will need to look at 'landed property' ie/ terraced houses, semi-ds or bungalows.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:40 am
Just Joined

HI All,, My wife is being moved to KL, and as I am the house person, looking after the boy, the wife, the dog, oh and Me, (Bottom of the list) we are looking to be out at the end of March, but coming to look around end of Jan or feb,
we are looking to live South or southeast of KL, I of couse will have to play golf some of the days, but I will keep up my baking,

any tip would be good,

Regards oldman48
Hi thanks for your replys, I am looking at the combe oven, thanks for the info about Chinese new year, I will let the oldlady know,
as for any question mine where only about golf and baking, but iam sure she will have some, thank all
oldman
Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Hi I have just past on info about chinese new year, to the oldlady,

oldman
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Hi I have just past on info about chinese new year, to the oldlady,

oldman
HI all hope you had a good xmas and a happy new year,
just some quick question, when we come out to have a look around, should I look at getting a sim card for my phone?? we are going to look at schools, IE A smith and Garden schools, should we be looking around the south southeast of KL to live,??? should we get a car, as I need to get to golf and do the shopping,

thanks
oldman