MM2H

Old Jan 18th 2009, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

jacquesmac is an unknown quantity at this point
Question MM2H

I am thinking of retiring to Sabah, Kota Kinabalu under Malaysia My Second Home Scheme.

We plan to visit in May 2009 to scout out the area.

Is there anyone out there who can fill me in on the programme and the Sabah area as a retiral base?
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:50 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MM2H

If you go back to Forum / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East

click the blue button (top right) marked "search this Forum" and type in MM2H. There's quite a lot of info.

But hopefully someone will put a reply on this thread too!

PS Sorry, I'm not being sarcastic re the above but the search button is not very prominent on this website. Could do with a re-design maybe??
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by katongkaren
If you go back to Forum / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East

click the blue button (top right) marked "search this Forum" and type in MM2H. There's quite a lot of info.

But hopefully someone will put a reply on this thread too!

PS Sorry, I'm not being sarcastic re the above but the search button is not very prominent on this website. Could do with a re-design maybe??
Thanks and I now am a little au fait with the nuances of this site.

Every little bit helps
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

SvampBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jacquesmac
Thanks and I now am a little au fait with the nuances of this site.

Every little bit helps
What I now about Malaysia and Borneo is that Borneo have its own rules. Even if you have a 3 month visa on arrival to Malaysia you only get one month stay in the Malaysian territory of Borneo like Sabah, Kota Kinabalu. Borneo is one another regulation and are some what independent of Peninsular Malaysia in that way.You as a foreigner will have to give your passport away fore another inspection and are only allowed for 30 days stay. If you want to live on Malaysian territory of Borneo its gonna be another case than Malaysian mainland.
Someone els I hope can give you more input!
Maby MM2H dos not exists there?

Regards
SvampBob

Last edited by SvampBob; Jan 19th 2009 at 3:21 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SvampBob
What I now about Malaysia and Borneo is that Borneo have its own rules. Even if you have a 3 month visa on arrival to Malaysia you only get one month stay in the Malaysian territory of Borneo like Sabah, Kota Kinabalu. Borneo is one another regulation and are some what independent of Peninsular Malaysia in that way.You as a foreigner will have to give your passport away fore another inspection and are only allowed for 30 days stay. If you want to live on Malaysian territory of Borneo its gonna be another case than Malaysian mainland.
Someone els I hope can give you more input!
Maby MM2H dos not exists there?

Regards
SvampBob
thanks

Whilst I a drawn, from afar, to Borneo, perhaps it would be more sensible to look at the Peninsula to live and Borneo for hols?