Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Migrating to Malaysia, Langkawi...advice please

Migrating to Malaysia, Langkawi...advice please

Old Jun 8th 2006, 2:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migrating to Malaysia, Langkawi...advice please

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
Hey
new to this and cant for the life of me work out how to start a new thread
But as I am in India and thought some of you folk in this part of the world
can help
I have been barred from operating my uk bank account from India by my
dearly beloved bank in the uk as they say new bank rules do not allow me
to access from SE Asia?
Any ideas
PS how do you start an new one!! :scared:
No idea about your main questions but to start a new thread, go to the front page of Far East forum and just about the threads listed is a clickable box called "new thread" - that will take you where you want to go
Old Aug 24th 2006, 5:43 am
Just Joined

manray is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread has been highjacked by disgruntled Chinese. It's too bad that the world dosen't operate the way they want it. All I hear from them is whinning about corruptions in Malaysia, which in fact is happening to countries all around the globe. It makes no difference to anyone if you shout to your heart about corruptions in Malaysia if China is another scum of the earth.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

dave_wong is a jewel in the roughdave_wong is a jewel in the roughdave_wong is a jewel in the roughdave_wong is a jewel in the rough

manray : I guess we all have our own opinions & the right to express them in the forum. China being scum of the world .... Well! That is not my problem as I was not born in China and I have never set foot there. I think the MAIN concern of all Malaysian of ethic Chinese origin is the "race base" policies that are in place. If you are not born and raise, or even stayed in Malaysia long enough (and blend in with the locals, not with your own countrymen), you will not know the situation.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 4:33 am
Just Joined

Question Re: Migrating to Malaysia, Langkawi...advice please

Originally Posted by dave_wong
manray : I guess we all have our own opinions & the right to express them in the forum. China being scum of the world .... Well! That is not my problem as I was not born in China and I have never set foot there. I think the MAIN concern of all Malaysian of ethic Chinese origin is the "race base" policies that are in place. If you are not born and raise, or even stayed in Malaysia long enough (and blend in with the locals, not with your own countrymen), you will not know the situation.
Of course you have the right to express your views. But that doesn't mean anyone has every right to violate the genuine intention of people who are here to get advice. Please stop dreaming of freedom of speech. First of all, there is no such thing in Asia. Even in the western nations, freedom of speech doesn't constitute to freedom of hate.

This is not the first time I came across Malaysian Chinese who resort to this course of action: defaming, degrading or discounting your home country because you think your country is run by a corrupted government. It doesn't take one a genius to understand corruption is happening everywhere in the world.

It's ok to condemn your government and its policies if you don't like the way it is. However, making crude remarks against your own country of birth is extremely immoral. Hence, there is a certain conflict of allegiances. Some people even consider overseas Chinese as sojourners making no sense to change the existing policies?
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

dave_wong is a jewel in the roughdave_wong is a jewel in the roughdave_wong is a jewel in the roughdave_wong is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by manray
Of course you have the right to express your views. But that doesn't mean anyone has every right to violate the genuine intention of people who are here to get advice. Please stop dreaming of freedom of speech. First of all, there is no such thing in Asia. Even in the western nations, freedom of speech doesn't constitute to freedom of hate.

This is not the first time I came across Malaysian Chinese who resort to this course of action: defaming, degrading or discounting your home country because you think your country is run by a corrupted government. It doesn't take one a genius to understand corruption is happening everywhere in the world.

It's ok to condemn your government and its policies if you don't like the way it is. However, making crude remarks against your own country of birth is extremely immoral. Hence, there is a certain conflict of allegiances. Some people even consider overseas Chinese as sojourners making no sense to change the existing policies?
Well! You are entitled to your thoughts. I am not going to dispute them. I agree with you that corruption is happening everywhere in the world. However, I did mention in my previous posting that corruption is not the main issue, in my opinion. It is the way the govt is running the country that is concerning.

Last but not least, if you are NOT a Malaysian, and without an in-depth knowleage of the country. You have absulutely NO right to critisize me for raising my concerns about the country.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 4:52 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manray

I'm caucasian manray - does that mean I cant see the racism?
Old Aug 26th 2006, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
I'm caucasian manray - does that mean I cant see the racism?
LOL!!! You could be a faker claiming to be somebody you are not. Racism does exist in every human race indeed!!!

Birds of feathers!!!