Malaysia

Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Malaysia

Hi Guys. I'm planning a holiday to Malaysia next year, and just wondering when the best time of year is to go.

We obviously want to avoid the wet season if possible and also peak periods. We were looking to go between May and June. What would the temperatures be around this time?

Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:40 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Malaysia

May-June is around the time of the South-West monsoon so, if you are looking for dry weather, suggest avoiding the South and West (Melaka, Port Dickson, Johor etc). Though these days who knows what the weather is going to do.

I would have thought the East coast is better at that time of year but maybe someone from Malaysia can post some more informative info.

I think you'll find temperatures do not differ very much throughout the year - i.e. always hot - 30 degrees-ish. Again, maybe someone from Malaysia can assist.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katongkaren
May-June is around the time of the South-West monsoon so, if you are looking for dry weather, suggest avoiding the South and West (Melaka, Port Dickson, Johor etc). Though these days who knows what the weather is going to do.

I would have thought the East coast is better at that time of year but maybe someone from Malaysia can post some more informative info.

I think you'll find temperatures do not differ very much throughout the year - i.e. always hot - 30 degrees-ish. Again, maybe someone from Malaysia can assist.
Hi thanks for the reply. I am actually heading to Koto Kinabalu which I think is on the island of Borneo.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:57 am
Just Joined

bobbyswife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi thanks for the reply. I am actually heading to Koto Kinabalu which I think is on the island of Borneo.
Hi Sassie

I stayed in Kota Kinabalu Borneo in February, what a beautiful place it is, you will love it. We stayed in the Nexus Resort. We had only one hour of rain during the time we were there and it was still 90 degrees immediately afterwards. Try the trip to the other side of the Island to see the Orungatangs - what an experience that is. Good Luck.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:05 am
Just Joined

wabbitz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quoted from the government website: The weather in Malaysia is characterised by two monsoon regimes, namely, the Southwest Monsoon from late May to September, and the Northeast Monsoon from November to March. The Northeast Monsoon brings heavy rainfall, particularly to the east coast states of Peninsular Malaysia and western Sarawak, whereas the Southwest Monsoon normally signifies relatively drier weather. The transition period in between the monsoons is known as the intermonsoon period.

For the locals, I think most regard this as just the dry and wet season. When it rains heavily in Malaysia, the rain can be EXTREMELY heavy and nothing like what you would normally see in the UK. It would take you all of 3 seconds to be soaked to your skin. However, the NE Monsoon (wet) seems to also be unpredictable and have started much earlier this year. But above is a good guideline.

If you are travelling to the East Coast you can only travel there during the dry season - best check with the resort you are booking into.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:05 pm
Banned

estate123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I always recommend Genting, cool and entertainment.