Reload this Page >

Looking to move to Penang

Looking to move to Penang

Old Apr 5th 2018, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Michael Cullen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to move to Penang

Hello all,

I'm a British citizen currently living ine New York City. I am looking at moving to Penang ( I have some Maylasian friends so know a little about it).

My concern is that my monthly income is around $1600-1700 ...is this below what you are supposed to have? Are there any other ways of staying in Malaysia..I only have a few thousand in savings?

I look forward to hearing from anyone out there.

Michael
Old Apr 6th 2018, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

columbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Penang regular meetups for mm2hers and newbies

Originally Posted by Michael Cullen
Hello all,

I'm a British citizen currently living ine New York City. I am looking at moving to Penang ( I have some Maylasian friends so know a little about it).

My concern is that my monthly income is around $1600-1700 ...is this below what you are supposed to have? Are there any other ways of staying in Malaysia..I only have a few thousand in savings?

Michael
Are you planning to come as a tourist for 3 month stay? if that's the case the amount you have is good, though not sufficient for MM2H application.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Penang regular meetups for mm2hers and newbies

Hello all,

Michael
I think that it would have been better if you had started your own thread, instead of hijacking a thread about a topic unrelated to visa and residence permits.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 12:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move to Penang

Hello all,

Michael
Welcome to BE.

I have moved your post and subsequent replies into a new thread.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

If you intend to stay semi-permanently with a long-term social visa then you cannot get a Malaysia My Second Home visa with your income.

However, if you could find a Sarawak sponsor, you could possibly qualify for the Sarawak My Second Home program with US$1850. The amount was lower just about a month ago but the dollar has been plummeting vs. the Ringgit. If it continues you may need an even larger amount. Or you could establish a RM150,000 Fixed account (~US$39,000) in a local bank.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks for your kind reply...that's the way I was figuring it. The only other reply I got was rude and told me I was in the wrong thread...a polite way to treat a newcomer..are all the British in Penang as bad as this?

Michael
Old Apr 6th 2018, 4:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for your kind reply...that's the way I was figuring it. The only other reply I got was rude and told me I was in the wrong thread...a polite way to treat a newcomer..are all the British in Penang as bad as this?

Michael
SushiFan was correct. Most likely your post would have been overlooked in that thread. General rule of thumb...new topic...new thread.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

If I knew how to start a thread..I would.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 5:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

If I knew how to start a thread..I would.
OK here you go...

Go the the forum’s index page...down a little...on the left hand side you will see a tab marked ‘New Thread’. Click on this and hey presto you can start a new thread.

Malaysia - British Expats
Old Apr 6th 2018, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

That explains it....'new thread' doesn't show on mine!
Old Apr 6th 2018, 5:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

That explains it....'new thread' doesn't show on mine!
Perhaps you are looking at the wrong page. It doesn’t show on this page...only on that particular forum’s index page as per my link.

Can you take a screen shot of the page you are looking at please?
Old Apr 6th 2018, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

I found it/...on Holiday Inn under 'thread starter.

Thanks
Old Apr 6th 2018, 7:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I found it/...on Holiday Inn under 'thread starter.

Thanks
Sorry I have no idea what that means.

Anyways...if you have any site related problems give me a shout.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/priva...=newpm&u=46095
Old Apr 6th 2018, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks..I've found it all. Actually I've decided to move to anyplace where I can understand the website!
Old Apr 6th 2018, 7:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks..I've found it all. Actually I've decided to move to anyplace where I can understand the website!
We have over a quarter of a million members who have managed to navigate BE...I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it.

Stick around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.