Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP or LTVP)

Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP or LTVP)

Old Sep 30th 2015, 5:38 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP or LTVP)

Originally Posted by hollyewithers
Hi there,

Im British and my husband is Malaysian, we got married in the UK, but have recently returned to Malaysia. I'm looking to stay and work here and it seems like the LTSVP or spouse visa is the best option? I have read many conflicting info online and wanted some advice on how to start the application. How do we obtain the correct forms to fill in etc?

Thanks in advance.

Holly.
Hi Holly and welcome to the forum.

I don't think anything has changed since Bluenose's first post so if you visit the portal he mentioned you'll find the online application forms there.

Please post back with anything new you find out.

++IVV
Old Sep 30th 2015, 5:47 am
Just Joined

hollyewithers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, thanks so much for replying so quickly. We found there are offices in Malaka and KL but we are staying in JB, are you aware of any offices here?

Holly.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Amethyst88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm Malaysian and married abroad. We plan to re-register our marriage in Malaysia and applied for LTSVP. My spouse is foreigner and he is holding Visitor-Pass (Temporary Employment) pass. May I know whether we can proceed our marriage registration here if he is holding temporary employment pass? Does NRD (National Registration Dept) is checking the visa or as long as he have valid passport is ok to proceed ? Thanks.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 2:30 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum, Amethyst88! I've no idea how to answer your question but hopefully someone will be along soon to provide some advice
Old Apr 7th 2016, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

PoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Cant give a definite answer as it can depend on the person dealing with your case.
My experience was it was very simple to register a marriage in another country at the Malaysian High Comm.
So if you can do the registration in another country before living here it should be no problem at all.
Just be prepared to pay RM100 fine for every year you have been married and not done a Malaysian Registration.
Sorry no experience of try to register here in Malaysia.
Old Apr 13th 2016, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

ChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to all

I am really struggling to work out if this visa if the best option for us? We can't afford the MM2H.

My husband will be working partly in Singapore and partly all around SE Asia. We will be given work visas and dependent visas for SG.

We have contacted a school who have space for us in JB and were lovely (and who have space) but I forgot to mention or ask about visas for the kids. I am presuming this is not an issue.

I am reading lots of conflicting advice about whether I can work in Malaysia on a LTSP - do I need to apply to work?
Old Apr 13th 2016, 1:26 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateOrange
I am really struggling to work out if this visa if the best option for us? We can't afford the MM2H.

My husband will be working partly in Singapore and partly all around SE Asia. We will be given work visas and dependent visas for SG.

We have contacted a school who have space for us in JB and were lovely (and who have space) but I forgot to mention or ask about visas for the kids. I am presuming this is not an issue.

I am reading lots of conflicting advice about whether I can work in Malaysia on a LTSP - do I need to apply to work?
Your husband is Malaysian? In which case, MM2H would not apply anyway.
Old Apr 13th 2016, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

ChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to allChocolateOrange is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Your husband is Malaysian? In which case, MM2H would not apply anyway.
Nope...British
Old Apr 13th 2016, 1:49 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

You have read Bluenose's first post on this sticky?
Old Apr 13th 2016, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Oh yes. And more. Some people saying they got a 6 month pass and couldn't work, others saying they got 5 yrs and could work. There seems to be no reasoning behind the yrs or decisions.
Old May 20th 2016, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

bang is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm not sure if I should post here, but wanted to ask:

Is the refund of the deposit paid for the LTSVP still only granted after 2 years/PR?

My wife and I have been in Malaysia for a year and a half and she has the LTSVP plus the employment pass (I'm a Malaysian). We are moving back to UK next month and are not planning on living in Malaysia again. So we wanted to know how to get the deposit back.

I was told to just go and hand in the original receipt when we want our money back, but just wanted to confirm before heading to immigration office.

My sister also originally helped with the LTSVP as a sponsor as well. Does she need to be present?

Any help would be useful!

Thanks.
Old May 20th 2016, 2:42 pm
Hostage Negotiator

Originally Posted by bang
Hi, I'm not sure if I should post here, but wanted to ask:

Is the refund of the deposit paid for the LTSVP still only granted after 2 years/PR?

My wife and I have been in Malaysia for a year and a half and she has the LTSVP plus the employment pass (I'm a Malaysian). We are moving back to UK next month and are not planning on living in Malaysia again. So we wanted to know how to get the deposit back.

I was told to just go and hand in the original receipt when we want our money back, but just wanted to confirm before heading to immigration office.

My sister also originally helped with the LTSVP as a sponsor as well. Does she need to be present?

Any help would be useful!

Thanks.
Hi bang and welcome to the forum.

My understanding is that the deposit is refundable if your wife returns to the UK. Whether the refund is made on presentation of the original receipt I don't know - perhaps it would be best to call them. I would also urge you check if she would be entitled to another LTSVP at some future date if your plans change.
Old May 20th 2016, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Can I ask why you're leaving please Bang? Have you had enough? Is it not what you thought it would be?
Old Jul 21st 2016, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Jayjo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi sorry for jumping into this thread but I could do with some help !!

I am moving within the company I work for to Kuala Lumpur, How and what VISA do I need for my wife and how long does it take to process ?
Old Apr 26th 2017, 10:06 am
Just Joined

pattleton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I've been scouring the web for answers but found none, so I hope someone here might be able to shed some light!

I'm Malaysian, my husband is British. We've lived in Malaysia for a short while before moving to Ireland for work. So we're familiar with the LTSVP. But now we are now planning to move back, and this time with 2 young children. They are not Malaysian citizens and we do not plan to apply for it. Does anybody know what the procedure is, and more importantly - how much will it cost? Is there a security bond (like with an adult LTSVP) or fees? The immig website does list the documents you need but nothing else.

Thanks 😊

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.