British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Malaysia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/)
-   -   International schools in KL (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/international-schools-kl-891257/)

Clwatson Feb 7th 2017 11:56 am

International schools in KL

we will be relocating to KL in summer 2017. We are British expats living in Norway. my daughter currently attends the British International School . I am looking for a school with a British based education for her. She is currently in year 2 so we would be looking for a place for her in year 3.

I have found
The British international school
Alice smith
Garden
Fair view

Anybody have any feedback on any of these?
Also what areas should be be looking at for where to live? Any good expat areas?
Thanks In advance!

Stuck in Auckland Feb 7th 2017 10:32 pm

Re: International schools in KL

Originally Posted by Clwatson (Post 12173255)
we will be relocating to KL in summer 2017. We are British expats living in Norway. my daughter currently attends the British International School . I am looking for a school with a British based education for her. She is currently in year 2 so we would be looking for a place for her in year 3.

I have found
The British international school
Alice smith
Garden
Fair view

Anybody have any feedback on any of these?
Also what areas should be be looking at for where to live? Any good expat areas?
Thanks In advance!

Don't know about the others but Alice Smith has a long high standing reputation. We are looking to relocate to KL and did not consider looking at other schools (wife is old girl) - actually would be interested in comments on the others you have mentioned.

xizzles Mar 10th 2017 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Stuck in Auckland (Post 12173910)
Don't know about the others but Alice Smith has a long high standing reputation. We are looking to relocate to KL and did not consider looking at other schools (wife is old girl) - actually would be interested in comments on the others you have mentioned.

Alice Smith is crazy expensive, according to my Malaysian friends who send their kids there. Maybe not as expensive as Marlborough College at Iskandar, but it's pretty much up in the same league!

Hovite Mar 16th 2017 2:03 am

There is also Sayfol SAYFOL INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL I believe they are the oldest international school in KL. They also have a school in Sabah.

eCdD Mar 16th 2017 3:38 pm

There is also Tenby which has the reputation of being the most expensive one.

But all are so crazy expensive, if you donĀ“t have your employer pay for it, life will be much more expensive for you than it is in Norway :D

abidx May 19th 2017 2:25 pm

Take a look at Nexus International - its in Putrajaya which is just outside KL but has impressive facilities and good reputation. We are also moving to Malaysia soon and still deciding on KL or Johor - we will also be visiting Nexus later this year.

kian123 Jul 18th 2017 5:54 pm

I am also looking at schools and curious if you have found one? Please could you let us know which one you decided and why?
Thank you!

abidx Jul 19th 2017 8:25 am

we will be visiting nexus international over in putrajaya in a few weeks - we have 2 boys 11 and 8 who are keen on sports so lets wait and see!