Hello Malaysia ! New Yorkshireman needs friends

Hello Malaysia ! New Yorkshireman needs friends

Old May 6th 2009, 8:06 am
Just Joined

spitmk1a is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello Malaysia ! New Yorkshireman needs friends

Greetings people,

I am just about to arrive in KL. I am a 'proper' Yorkshirelad but have
always lived overseas. I am the one who designs the lighting, sound and laser for big concerts, shows etc (although I wont be doing that in Malaysia)

I am 40, and really, really want to start to make new friends as soon as possible. I guess joining clubs, gatherings etc is a good way to go about it,
I wonder if anyone can help / advise on get togethers - whatever it is,
simple, outdoors, indoors , sports, I am in !!

I am planning to live somewhere near Sepang (ish) as I dont need the city and need to be near the airport as I have to travel a lot on business.

Anyone want to be a friend ? (I arrive early June)

Would love to hear from you and any advise too.

cheers

Graham
Old May 6th 2009, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello Malaysia ! New Yorkshireman needs friends

The only real Yorkshireman I've known living overseas had been overseas for over 20 years.
Had married a local HK woman.

Had never ever eaten any Chinese, Indian or Nepalese food.

He also played cricket.
Old May 7th 2009, 12:46 am
Just Joined

racvian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spitmk1a
Greetings people,

always lived overseas. I am the one who designs the lighting, sound and laser for big concerts, shows etc (although I wont be doing that in Malaysia)

I am 40, and really, really want to start to make new friends as soon as possible. I guess joining clubs, gatherings etc is a good way to go about it,

I am planning to live somewhere near Sepang (ish) as I dont need the city and need to be near the airport as I have to travel a lot on business.

cheers

Graham
Hi Graham,
Welcome to Malaysia
sadly am not in Malaysia currently

anyway, nice to meet you!

Rachel
Old May 7th 2009, 10:25 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Graham, as you might have gathered this is not a very busy part of BE.

Sorry I don't know any expats in Malaysia but I can assure ex-reg that there are a quite few Yorkshiremen in Singapore, totally immersed in the local culture. One of my best mates there is a Bradford boy, married local, lives in Balestier and eats at hawker centres almost every night.

There was a Leeds girl there until 1 May 2008 and she lived and ate in Geylang.

(And she's having a stopover there in a few weeks )
Old May 8th 2009, 1:54 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Hi Graham, as you might have gathered this is not a very busy part of BE.

Sorry I don't know any expats in Malaysia but I can assure ex-reg that there are a quite few Yorkshiremen in Singapore, totally immersed in the local culture. One of my best mates there is a Bradford boy, married local, lives in Balestier and eats at hawker centres almost every night.

There was a Leeds girl there until 1 May 2008 and she lived and ate in Geylang.

(And she's having a stopover there in a few weeks )
And I was there for 8 years and ate nothing BUT local 99% of the time...food was great, but only really appreciated it when we left and moved to the US....what I wouldn't give now for east coast seafood or a Sammy's curry or a decent chicken murtabak................
Old May 24th 2009, 6:43 am
Just Joined

nick IQ2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Greetings people,

Graham
hey man!!!!

I am a lancastrian, moving to KL this week from silicon valley

i am 43 single, decent guy, love the pubs, and all the expat benefits....

PM me if you want to meet for a beer or 3

good luck

cheers

NICK
Old May 27th 2009, 5:46 am
Just Joined

Hello Nick,

Tried to PM you, but I need to make 3 posts before I can PM people,
so here is my second post ! I will make a third post below, then (hopefully)
be able to PM you.

By the way we will be moving to Langkawi around 20th June, and I will be in and out of KL quite a lot.

Graham
Old May 27th 2009, 5:48 am
Just Joined

Anyway, very much looking forward to Langkawi,

Well hopefully that's my third post now.

Graham
Old May 27th 2009, 5:52 am
Just Joined

nick IQ2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyway, very much looking forward to Langkawi,

Well hopefully that's my third post now.

Graham
hi please pm me or find me on skype nickthebritusa
Old May 27th 2009, 5:59 am
Banned

srah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
And I was there for 8 years and ate nothing BUT local 99% of the time...food was great, but only really appreciated it when we left and moved to the US....what I wouldn't give now for east coast seafood or a Sammy's curry or a decent chicken murtabak................
Now you're talking....Sammy's does a mean curry. I'm heading back that way soon and will go look them up.
Old May 27th 2009, 6:04 am
Banned

srah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to all

Hello Nick,

Tried to PM you, but I need to make 3 posts before I can PM people,
so here is my second post ! I will make a third post below, then (hopefully)
be able to PM you.

By the way we will be moving to Langkawi around 20th June, and I will be in and out of KL quite a lot.

Graham
I'm sure you'll settle in well mate. I'm back that way late June at present but it'll be just for a few days. Do check out Sammy's if curry is your thing
Old May 27th 2009, 11:18 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be stuffing my face at Geylang No Signboard in a couple of weeks (Used to live round the corner from it.) Never did like Samy's.