The Duchess

Old Sep 11th 2012, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Duchess

So, will any of you see Kate in Malaysia? Especially when she visits Marlborough College?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 2:05 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Duchess

Oh is she coming here? She hasn't contacted me yet
Old Sep 12th 2012, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

Still no mention of her visiting the school...

A few of my friends have seen them in Singapore but I couldn't face the crowds!
Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Froggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Mother-in-law and her best mate just got back from a spot of shopping, she says they were at the taxi queue in front of Clarke Quay two hours ago and they saw the motorcade approaching, no one else in the queue knew who was in the entourage, says she and her pal literally jumped out of the queue, onto River Valley Road and waved, and Prince William spotted them and waved back! Says she had to fly all the way to Sgp from London to see them in person, lol! In the papers it says they are flying to KL tomorrow afternoon so don't think they will swing by MCM, as no mention in the papers...
Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:53 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Will be at KLCC park om Friday but I wont be able to make it....
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:03 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Froggybarnacle2000
Mother-in-law and her best mate just got back from a spot of shopping, she says they were at the taxi queue in front of Clarke Quay two hours ago and they saw the motorcade approaching, no one else in the queue knew who was in the entourage, says she and her pal literally jumped out of the queue, onto River Valley Road and waved, and Prince William spotted them and waved back! Says she had to fly all the way to Sgp from London to see them in person, lol! In the papers it says they are flying to KL tomorrow afternoon so don't think they will swing by MCM, as no mention in the papers...
I did a double take on that. I thought you meant that THEY were in the taxi queue hehe

Seems it's a whistle stop tour as they leave Malaysia on Saturday.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bocat
Still no mention of her visiting the school...

A few of my friends have seen them in Singapore but I couldn't face the crowds!
oh I am sure read on the Marlborough Coll website months ago that she was going to do the official opening. Maybe they (or she) changed her plans, shame would be excellent PR for the school

Are the kids still liking the school? More to the point are you Bocat? What are the other Mums like? Mums at US schools jut look at foreigners (i.e. me) as though I were chewing gum on the bottom of their pumps. ho hum.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

Yes still enjoying it Adnams.

There are a fair mixture of people at the school. Some a bit similar to what you describe and some really down to earth folks like me!!

I personally love the ones who drive the kids from Singapore but who get out of the car looking like they've just been to the hairdresser and their personal stylist!! They must get up at 4am to look like that lol!!

I think I'm doing well if I'd had a shower and stuck a comb through my hair...
Old Sep 13th 2012, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bocat
Yes still enjoying it Adnams.

There are a fair mixture of people at the school. Some a bit similar to what you describe and some really down to earth folks like me!!

I personally love the ones who drive the kids from Singapore but who get out of the car looking like they've just been to the hairdresser and their personal stylist!! They must get up at 4am to look like that lol!!

I think I'm doing well if I'd had a shower and stuck a comb through my hair...

Half time my hair is still wet from the shower.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 7:44 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Saw some lovely pics of them captured by friends today. She looks radiant!
Old Sep 14th 2012, 1:53 pm

you mean Bocat?
Old Sep 14th 2012, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ha ha ha ha!! You do make me laugh bakedbean!