Drinking water

Old Dec 12th 2014, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

man from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drinking water

OK fine detail it does not kill bugs unless you run it through a UV sterilizer system like found on ships, but it does remove them.

The other point about the water being safe to drink the actual water as supplied by in (our case) PBA) may well be fit to drink as it leaves their pumping station, but one never knows the age of all the ducting / piping systems it runs through until it pops out off your tap.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 12:52 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Bottled water so,cheap from the supermarket, and with deliveries, why do anything else? We're currently buying Tesco mineral water 1,5 litre bottles at 99 Sen .....that's about 20 pence in old money I think. Not a lot of money.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

winston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Bottled water so,cheap from the supermarket, and with deliveries, why do anything else? We're currently buying Tesco mineral water 1,5 litre bottles at 99 Sen .....that's about 20 pence in old money I think. Not a lot of money.
It is virtually free out of the tap and perfectly safe.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 1:07 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winston_1
It is virtually free out of the tap and perfectly safe.
but depends on pipes, condo tanks etc etc as above posters have said.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice

Use a water purifier for cooking and making tea / coffee etc, Panasonic brand is recommended. For drinking water buy Tesco's natural mineral water in bulk, not a good idea to consume unfiltered / unpurified water here even after boiling.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

man from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond reputeman from emas has a reputation beyond repute

Yes there is a lot of stuff suspended in the water, I don't care if its bugs & their associated poo, or off the inside of piping, we live in a little semi in Penang & twice this year that I know of during the day the PBA have been in our road doing some work, so the water is off for several hours, the pipe from the road is plastic then there is the inverted U piece that has the isolation valve & the flow counter, thats galvanized pipe maybe 1.metre long, then when we renovated the place before we moved in the piping from the outside through the little front garden to the wet & dry kitchen & down stairs loo etc is all new plastic, so when the water supply is restored & all the taps cough & splutter when I fill the down-stair loo sink which is white enamel ( you will not notice it in a SS sink) there is without a doubt dis-discoloration in the water what this is I don't care, but we don't want it in our tummies or our clothes via the washing machine, so the taps are run until its all clear to the eye.
Old Aug 29th 2015, 6:20 am

Just wondering if anyone has anything new to say about water filters and purifiers? This is an old thread.

I'm happy with bottled water but Tesco deliveries are getting rather painful at the moment (what is going on at Tesco??). I am basically just trying to avoid lugging a lot of heavy bottles.

Any new thoughts? Any very simple filter systems?
Old Aug 29th 2015, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

PoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

bakedbean
May I suggest you consult this company? European standards and well tested products.
We use their products and have the typical outside 'space rocket, in the garden and another smaller set beneath each kitchen sink. Been very happy the past 3 years and no ill effects drinking water at all.

They have several types suitable for apartments even one with a uv light built in, but I would rather they advise which is best
Last I remember the boss was a Swedish man called John

HydroGuard - Water filtration systems and air purification systems
Old Aug 29th 2015, 6:48 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Just wondering if anyone has anything new to say about water filters and purifiers? This is an old thread.

I'm happy with bottled water but Tesco deliveries are getting rather painful at the moment (what is going on at Tesco??). I am basically just trying to avoid lugging a lot of heavy bottles.

Any new thoughts? Any very simple filter systems?
Hi BB - I always used to filter with a Brita water jug (or similar) as there's no point filtering everything that comes out of the tap and you can keep it in the fridge. I assume you can get them here?

I stopped doing it because some reviews said that a filter puts more bad things in than it takes out but it certainly stopped the kettle furring up - not that this seems to happen in Penang as I assume the water isn't very hard.

//IVV
Old Aug 29th 2015, 7:30 am

Googling....the Brita seems to be available though the website is currently under maintenance.
Old Aug 29th 2015, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

PoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond reputePoolieAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Have used the Brita elsewhere in the world but quite expensive for low volumes, it is really good though.
The under sink filters have a separate tap fitted for drinking only so no need to filter everything.
We wanted to use Brita as we have two jugs still but the filters down here in the darkest depths of Melaka are like hens teeth to find.
Old Aug 29th 2015, 7:38 am

I'll probably have a browse around the shops and see what is available.
Old Aug 29th 2015, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't a "water server" a suitable solution? The kind of machine where you put a 10 litre bottle on top? Plus some contract for a regular refill of bottles?
Old Aug 29th 2015, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by SushiFan
Isn't a "water server" a suitable solution? The kind of machine where you put a 10 litre bottle on top? Plus some contract for a regular refill of bottles?
Yes, can get those no problem, delivered to our condo. But the issue there is lifting the 10 litre bottle. I am just a feak and weeble thing

And a bit unsightly too.... the water server that is....not me of course.
Old Aug 29th 2015, 9:06 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoolieAbroad
Have used the Brita elsewhere in the world but quite expensive for low volumes, it is really good though.
The under sink filters have a separate tap fitted for drinking only so no need to filter everything.
We wanted to use Brita as we have two jugs still but the filters down here in the darkest depths of Melaka are like hens teeth to find.
i've never bought the filters outside of Europe but I always used "Brita compatible" filters for a fraction of the price of the real (rip-off) deal!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.