Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Digi Super Long Life - keep your mobile number for 365 days

Digi Super Long Life - keep your mobile number for 365 days

Old Apr 6th 2015, 8:57 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Digi Super Long Life - keep your mobile number for 365 days

This has been going for a little while. It's a prepaid thing from Digi and costs RM 30. This allows you to keep your mobile number for a year without topping up. Very handy if you are just an occasional visitor to Malaysia or, if you are tight fisted like me, don't make many phonecalls.

Digi is a crafty lot and they're now saying that you have to upgrade to the latest version of Digi Best Prepaid Plan (which is currently Version 4 as at 6 April 2015) before you can apply or renew the super long life. That will require a shelling out of another RM 3

So, assuming you already have a Digi number, this is what you do. First check that you actually have at least RM 33 balance on your phone.

Step 1
Upgrade to the latest Digi Best Prepaid plan
Key in to your phone:
*128*1*4#
Press send/call
Then follow instructions (you get plenty of prompts to confirm/cancel along the way in case you cock up)

Step 2
Check that you have upgraded successfully
Key in to your phone:
*128#
press send/call
My Account
to check
(in fact they do actually send you a SMS to confirm, so you can just check your SMSs)

Step 3
Key in to your phone:
*128*1*7*3#
press send/call
Choose the option for 365 days
Follow the instructions

Digi will send you a SMS to confirm it is done.

Note for those renewing, wait for the expiry day or day before, or you will lose some days, as I did. I did it a week early so lost a week.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

abdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Digi Super Long Life - keep your mobile number for 365 days

Thank you so much for this. My wife's phone was on the Digi Longlife plan and just expired a week ago. This will help immensely!
Old Apr 6th 2015, 6:20 pm
Expat in Malaysia

kingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
That will require a shelling out of another RM 3
That's pretty mean.

I have the Celcom version which is pretty much the same and I've had the same prepay number for several years (expires next January).
Old Apr 7th 2015, 8:45 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking of changing over to Maxis at one point, due to the fact that I get a pretty lousy signal on Digi from our apartment**. Then discovered that Maxis will only do the longlife number to existing customers, so Digi I am stuck with.

**One of my neighbours two floors down reckons the signals are bad with all of them where I live (lucky me).
Old Apr 7th 2015, 10:12 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

You could change over to TuneTalk - they use the Celcom network and will do 1 year validity for just RM28.
Old Apr 7th 2015, 12:20 pm

I'll bear that in mind for next year.
Old Apr 7th 2015, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

abdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond repute

My wife had Maxis previously on long life. I changed her plan to #Hotlink which gives free 3G unlimited as long as you toop up, which is what I have. However, it cancelled the long life and then they refused switching back! So she moved to Digi!