Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Commissioner for Oaths in Penang

Commissioner for Oaths in Penang

Old Jun 6th 2016, 8:09 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Commissioner for Oaths in Penang

Thought I would start this thread as there is scant info out on the internet.

The only one that seems to pop up on google is a Mr Lim at Wisma Sri Weld down in the bowels of Georgetown. I have a feeling I have been there a couple of times, the last time with a will executor, and it was a real pain in the arse trying to park, and very busy and chaotic in there.

Anyway, both my latest lawyer and a local friend suggested Mr Liew Juan Leng at 115 Jalan Hutton. Heading into town, his office is on Jalan Hutton on the right hand side just before the traffic lights junction with Jalan Transfer. Admittedly the parking is still a bit challenging, but fortunately the Parking Angel was with me today and I found an on-street parking slot (coupon parking). Very pleasant chap and only charged RM 4 for affirming a Statutory Declaration.

If anyone knows of others, please add to this topic.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 11:34 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commissioner for Oaths in Penang

Originally Posted by bakedbean
If anyone knows of others, please add to this topic.
Here's a few more in George Town:

Mr. Lim SH
Commissioner for Oaths
3A-3-5, Wisma Sri Weld

Pesuruh Jaya Sumpah
Commissioner for Oaths
20, Lebuh King

Madam Mok Cheng Yoon
Commissioner for Oaths
27, Jalan Zainal Abidin

Chan Kam Chee
Commissioner for Oaths
29 Bishop Street

Dr Selvarajoo,
Commissioner for Oaths
5 Union Street

JC3
Old Jun 21st 2016, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Foodi is an unknown quantity at this point

For reasons that I don't remember, we could not use the services in Georgetown when we wanted to certify some paper (either closed or moved). Someone suggested to try the Supreme Court so we went to the big building on Lebuh Light. It took us several turn-around as security staff did not know where to send us. Finally, we talked to an office staff and it turned out she could help us. She let us passing a number of desks to an office in the corner on the second floor and there she did the stamping. The best part was it was free of charge!

I guess it is not something they do often, hence no specific counter, but could help you out if you show up. This is not something I recommend for a quick service, but for those who do not mind walking around a bit and see how the supreme court works, it could be a fun adventure as well.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 10:29 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. Sounds like you just winged it there.