Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / Malaysia

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Sep 13th 2017, 5:29 am   #1
Siskin 
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 5
Siskin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certification costs for documents

Hello.
Can anyone please advise the costs pf translating and certifying documents for mm2h in malaysia.
Thank you
Siskin
Siskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th 2017, 8:19 am   #2
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Aug 2015
Location: Penang
Posts: 574
SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

Depending on the language of the documents might it not be a good idea to look for a authorised translator in Malaysia. Having it translated to English in the country of origin might be a better choice.
SushiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th 2017, 9:37 pm   #3
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 10
Pat in europe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

Does anyone know any qualified translators in KL for translation of a Letter of Conduct from German to English?
Does the translated copy need to be certified by a local notary? I plan to come to KL for vacation in February 2018, and submit the application in person in Putrajaya.
Pat in europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th 2017, 8:19 am   #4
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Aug 2015
Location: Penang
Posts: 574
SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in europe View Post
Does anyone know any qualified translators in KL for translation of a Letter of Conduct from German to English?
Does the translated copy need to be certified by a local notary? I plan to come to KL for vacation in February 2018, and submit the application in person in Putrajaya.
The German embassy in Kuala Lumpur has some suggestions:
Deutsche Botschaft Kuala Lumpur - Visa and Passport Service, Legal and Consular Department (see right hand column for a PDF document)
http://www.kuala-lumpur.diplo.de/con...stJuni2017.pdf
SushiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th 2017, 4:28 pm   #5
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 10
Pat in europe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiFan View Post
The German embassy in Kuala Lumpur has some suggestions:
Deutsche Botschaft Kuala Lumpur - Visa and Passport Service, Legal and Consular Department (see right hand column for a PDF document)
http://www.kuala-lumpur.diplo.de/con...stJuni2017.pdf
Thanks for the reply. Very useful.
By the way, did you or anyone else have the experience of getting your documents translated into English for MM2H submission? if yes, did MM2H authority require a third party like Embassy or notary to certify such translated documents? According to the information in your provided link, the German Embassy will only check the translator's signature but not the content of translation. Such kind of check does not seem to add any value but is relatively expensive (25 euro)!
Pat in europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th 2017, 1:09 am   #6
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 490
Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

If the translator is authorized/approved by the German Embassy, it means that he is trusted by them. So there is no need to verify translation itself, only that it is he who has done it.
I don't know the requirements for MM2H, but it is quite common that such signature verification is required for official documents.
Gunnar45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th 2017, 8:38 am   #7
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Aug 2015
Location: Penang
Posts: 574
SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in europe View Post
Thanks for the reply. Very useful.
By the way, did you or anyone else have the experience of getting your documents translated into English for MM2H submission? if yes, did MM2H authority require a third party like Embassy or notary to certify such translated documents? According to the information in your provided link, the German Embassy will only check the translator's signature but not the content of translation. Such kind of check does not seem to add any value but is relatively expensive (25 euro)!
I was in Japan when I applied for MM2H and used an agency. They took care of all documents which needed translation. So I can't answer your first question.

The link I provided was only meant to give you an idea about available translators. Getting a "sign of approval" from the German embassy is only relevant in case you are applying for a visa into Europe. I don't think that the Malaysian MM2H agency would want such "sign of approval" from the German embassy.
SushiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th 2017, 11:41 am   #8
RedApe 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 62
RedApe has a brilliant futureRedApe has a brilliant futureRedApe has a brilliant futureRedApe has a brilliant futureRedApe has a brilliant futureRedApe has a brilliant futureRedApe has a brilliant future
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

On the same theme...

What's the certification cost for ones salary and/or pension income warrants?
For the "particulars page" of the passport?
For the sponsors MyKad?

I know that one can get them "chopped" at a Commissioner of Oaths for RM4/copy but one that was a lawyer starting talking about perhaps having them be a sworn affidavit for each one...which would cost much more?

Anyone know what is the case? Or should I just try the cheaper course and see if immigration will accept them?
RedApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th 2017, 4:05 pm   #9
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 10
Pat in europe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiFan View Post
I was in Japan when I applied for MM2H and used an agency. They took care of all documents which needed translation. So I can't answer your first question.

The link I provided was only meant to give you an idea about available translators. Getting a "sign of approval" from the German embassy is only relevant in case you are applying for a visa into Europe. I don't think that the Malaysian MM2H agency would want such "sign of approval" from the German embassy.
if I call MM2H contact number, do you think they can answer this question? I kind of agree with you that approval by German embassy seems less relevant since I'm applying for a Malaysian visa.

Last edited by Pat in europe; Dec 8th 2017 at 4:13 pm.
Pat in europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th 2017, 4:12 pm   #10
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 10
Pat in europe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedApe View Post
On the same theme...

What's the certification cost for ones salary and/or pension income warrants?
For the "particulars page" of the passport?
For the sponsors MyKad?

I know that one can get them "chopped" at a Commissioner of Oaths for RM4/copy but one that was a lawyer starting talking about perhaps having them be a sworn affidavit for each one...which would cost much more?

Anyone know what is the case? Or should I just try the cheaper course and see if immigration will accept them?
I would add on top of your questions the following, and hope that someone has the answer:
1) is it necessary to certify salary statements or bank statements? if they are provided by the company or bank (original copy), then my understanding is that no certification is needed since "Certified True Copy" applies to photocopy only.
2) however, for bank statements, many people these days are receiving e-copy. I consider simply printing them in colour copy. Do you think MM2H authority will accept?
Pat in europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th 2017, 3:56 am   #11
Expat in Malaysia
 
kingoflostfools's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Penang, MY
Posts: 167
kingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in europe View Post
2) however, for bank statements, many people these days are receiving e-copy. I consider simply printing them in colour copy. Do you think MM2H authority will accept?
They did with mine.
__________________
I'm Manx/Irish Expat who lives in Penang, Malaysia and works all over the globe.
kingoflostfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th 2017, 8:26 am   #12
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Aug 2015
Location: Penang
Posts: 574
SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoflostfools View Post
They did with mine.
And with my printed copies. Make sure that they are in English though.
SushiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th 2017, 8:27 am   #13
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Aug 2015
Location: Penang
Posts: 574
SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in europe View Post
if I call MM2H contact number, do you think they can answer this question? I kind of agree with you that approval by German embassy seems less relevant since I'm applying for a Malaysian visa.
Yes, they should be able to answer your question on the phone. You could also consider to send them an email first and wait a few days. In case you don't get a reply you could follow up with a phone call.
SushiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th 2017, 11:50 am   #14
Is
Premium Member
 
bakedbean's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 17,571
bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoflostfools View Post
They did with mine.
Me also
bakedbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th 2017, 10:52 am   #15
eCdD 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 249
eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedApe View Post
Anyone know what is the case? Or should I just try the cheaper course and see if immigration will accept them?
I did the RM4 Commissioner of Oaths and it was accepted. I was already prepared to be refused and come again next day with the lawyer-rip-off documents and a lot of tears in my eyes
eCdD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / Malaysia


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 9:32 pm.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com