Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Best rates currency exchange in KL

Best rates currency exchange in KL

Old Jan 10th 2013, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

sandia911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best rates currency exchange in KL

Hi, i am looking for Australian dollars in KL, i have Ringit as well as Baht, and I'd like to exchange at a better rate to get Australian dollars. Would you know the name/address of the best currency exchange place in KL? I'd like to find a place with no commission, and also to check the rates (on their website) before going down to exchange. Thanks.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best rates currency exchange in KL

Originally Posted by sandia911
Hi, i am looking for Australian dollars in KL, i have Ringit as well as Baht, and I'd like to exchange at a better rate to get Australian dollars. Would you know the name/address of the best currency exchange place in KL? I'd like to find a place with no commission, and also to check the rates (on their website) before going down to exchange. Thanks.
Hi Sandia, my (Malaysian) wife has always just used a Moneychanger either in KL or Melaka and has usually achieved a good rate. Mind you, she normally exchanges RM for either Sterling or Singapore Dollars (and vice-versa). As far as I know, most of these operate from stalls in shopping malls and most of them are licensed. Of course, for those, you would have to go in person and not be able to check their rates on t'internet. I'm not certain, but I don't think they charge commission.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best rates currency exchange in KL

In my experience it makes little difference which money changer you use for FXange less than say MYR10,000.

That doesn't stop the missus wasting days looking for the best deal.