Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Huge line in immigration in Penang

Huge line in immigration in Penang

Old Oct 19th 2017, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

stepen is on a distinguished road
Default Huge line in immigration in Penang

Last time arriving in Penang from HKG with Cathay the immigration line was very long, and it took about 50 minutes.
I've arrived through KL in the past, and normally very short line at transfer desk there. So is it normal with this long passport queue in Penang?
Old Oct 19th 2017, 3:14 am
KK Resident - Retired

Hovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Huge line in immigration in Penang

In KKIA, Sabah, they have a VIP/Expat/Crew counter and I am allowed to go through there with my LTSVP. Sometimes the counter is closed but the queues are not long - mostly Japanese tourists and orderly.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

IanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really nice
Default Re: Huge line in immigration in Penang

Think it is luck of the draw as it were, my recent flights the one to Australia the outgoing immigration was very long, maybe an hour, was seriously concerned I'd miss the flight coming back no problem. The last couple, UK and India 5 minutes at most both ways, all via KLIA.