WTF back in the UK

You're on Page 25 of 35
Go to
  • Re: WTF back in the UK
    Isn't this the woman who drinks sperm "smoothies"?

Edited to add - yes it is!
    Quote: What? Why? Ewwwww!
    Buckinghamshire woman turns her own labia into jewellry | Daily Mail Online
    ... Oh, honestly!!!......

Just as I was having a chicken-salad lunch....
    & men are the weirdos???
    Apparently she wants to draw attention to the 'taboo of female circumcision'. So apart from being weird as shit, she's also as ignorant as ****!
    Quote: What? Why? Ewwwww! .....
    Buckinghamshire woman turns her own labia into jewellry ....
    A perfect example to illustrate the thread title, if there ever was one.
    I think this is a different story

Chicken supplier 2 Sisters suspends operations - BBC News
    As if you needed to confuse the residents of Coventry any further
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/462659...train-station/
    Quote: As if you needed to confuse the residents of Coventry any further
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/462659...train-station/
    21 grand?????
    Quote: 21 grand?????
    But the relevant number, assuming that some sort of crossing markings were required anyway, is what is the incremental cost over that of standard crossing markings? I suspect that laying a traditional crossing of that size would cost over £10k anyway.

That said, I don't think the design was a good one. At very least it should have been the reflective white colour of other crossings, and going for some sort of wave pattern would have been "interesting" but still recognizable as a pedestrian crossing.
    Quote: 21 grand?????
    Quote: But the relevant number, assuming that some sort of crossing markings were required anyway, is what is the incremental cost over that of standard crossing markings? I suspect that laying a traditional crossing of that size would cost over £10k anyway.

That said, I don't think the design was a good one. At very least it should have been the reflective white colour of other crossings, and going for some sort of wave pattern would have been "interesting" but still recognizable as a pedestrian crossing.
    Rather annoyingly, Pulaski appears to be right for once. At least in Wiltshire.

A guide to the cost of highway works in Wiltshire | Wiltshire Council

I should clearly be in the zebra crossing business.
    Quote: Rather annoyingly, Pulaski appears to be right for once. At least in Wiltshire.

A guide to the cost of highway works in Wiltshire | Wiltshire Council

I should clearly be in the zebra crossing business.
    They could certainly cut labour costs by getting prisoners to do the work or would that be against their Uman Rights. Just saying
    Quote: They could certainly cut labour costs by getting prisoners to do the work or would that be against their Uman Rights. Just saying
    Free prison labour?

Isn't that a bit Victorian?

If it were part of an organized course teaching people a useful set of skills so they could be employed after the leave prison and don't come back, then yes, maybe. I think it's better to pay for labour though - if you want people to feel good as a result of working and want to do it more after they leave. On the other hand, I'm sure it would be a cheaper wage.
    Quote: Free prison labour?

Isn't that a bit Victorian?

If it were part of an organized course teaching people a useful set of skills so they could be employed after the leave prison and don't come back, then yes, maybe. I think it's better to pay for labour though - if you want people to feel good as a result of working and want to do it more after they leave. On the other hand, I'm sure it would be a cheaper wage.
    Well not free labour of course Mmmm skill sets between these lines you put black and between these lines you put white
    Quote: They could certainly cut labour costs by getting prisoners to do the work or would that be against their Uman Rights. Just saying
    Or use the unemployed that used to have to work in Poundland for free......
    Quote: Or use the unemployed that used to have to work in Poundland for free......
    Well the Govt lost that battle
    At the Court of Appeal today Lord Justice Pill, Lady Justice Black and Sir Stanley Burnton unanimously agreed that the 2011 ‘work for your benefits’ regulations failed to give the unemployed enough information, especially about the sanctions for refusing jobs under the schemes.
    But the Supreme Court ruled that regulations did not constitute forced or compulsory labour.

I think prisons have a dual role, a legal punishment and a place for rehabilitation. Now most prisoners are not locked in their cells for 23 hours a day so what should be done with them? There are limited jobs within the prison so that leaves others with nothing to do.
    Non violent offenders and those not deemed dangerous could be afforded paid jobs outside as an incentive for rehabilitation and to become a productive member of society by doing jobs like this.
    Quote: Well the Govt lost that battle
    At the Court of Appeal today Lord Justice Pill, Lady Justice Black and Sir Stanley Burnton unanimously agreed that the 2011 ‘work for your benefits’ regulations failed to give the unemployed enough information, especially about the sanctions for refusing jobs under the schemes.
    But the Supreme Court ruled that regulations did not constitute forced or compulsory labour.

I think prisons have a dual role, a legal punishment and a place for rehabilitation. Now most prisoners are not locked in their cells for 23 hours a day so what should be done with them? There are limited jobs within the prison so that leaves others with nothing to do.
    Non violent offenders and those not deemed dangerous could be afforded paid jobs outside as an incentive for rehabilitation and to become a productive member of society by doing jobs like this.
    Part of the problem is that some offenders lack education, but how far do you educate them (for free) when those not in prison usually have to pay for their own higher education?