Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Aug 19th 2017, 6:48 pm   #151
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF back in the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
That was probably the airline food.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 12:07 am   #152
upsidedowner
Super Moderator

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm fairly sure Jet2 (never heard of them) flying Malaga to Birmingham were unlikely to have food other than peanuts (if they're allowed).

The Recipe Thread Index:
moneypenny20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th 2017, 6:24 am   #153
Rather sunburnt

Location: Arcos de Valdevez, Portugal. UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.
Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
...Jet2 (never heard of them)....
Elite traveller, eh?
Old Aug 20th 2017, 8:55 am   #154
BE Enthusiast

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
I'm fairly sure Jet2 (never heard of them) flying Malaga to Birmingham were unlikely to have food other than peanuts (if they're allowed).
A perceptive comment about Jet2's clientele, maybe?
Expatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st 2017, 7:21 pm   #155
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the day was a fizzog, we don't moan about anything in the North

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...lectrification

A day of moaning has been declared across the north of England, with public transport users encouraged to let rip about their terrible journeys.

Commuters are urged to write to their MPs and flood radio and TV phone-ins on Monday to express their frustration with the region’s poor transport provision.
Old Aug 21st 2017, 9:50 pm   #156
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I believe the day was a fizzog, we don't moan about anything in the North

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...lectrification

A day of moaning has been declared across the north of England, with public transport users encouraged to let rip about their terrible journeys.

Commuters are urged to write to their MPs and flood radio and TV phone-ins on Monday to express their frustration with the region’s poor transport provision.
Does that mean it's stopped raining?
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 8:57 am   #157
Concierge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrken30 View Post
Does that mean it's stopped raining?
Rain's different, it's a legal requirement to moan about the rain.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:52 am   #158

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rain's different, it's a legal requirement to moan about the rain.
Our patriotic duty almost, except for when we are required to moan about the heat (ie when the sun comes out).
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 11:32 am   #159
Concierge

Quote:
Our patriotic duty almost, except for when we are required to moan about the heat (ie when the sun comes out).
Yep My scouse husband expresses his patriotism in this way so frequently that I'm often tempted to ram a Union Jack up his arse, just to give him something to really moan about.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 11:49 am   #160
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep My scouse husband expresses his patriotism in this way so frequently that I'm often tempted to ram a Union Jack up his arse, just to give him something to really moan about.

I think I read about that video but didn't watch it of course
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 11:55 am   #161

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just so long as you know that it's very important that the flag be the right way up, otherwise it's a distress signal.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 12:06 pm   #162
j4v3d Male
Forum Regular

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

It's humid today in Manchester - but no doubt it will start to rain and probably will do so for the rest of the week.
j4v3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 12:42 pm   #163
Concierge

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post

I think I read about that video but didn't watch it of course
I'm even more inclined to do it now that I realise I could film it and make a quid or two.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 12:44 pm   #164
Concierge

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4v3d View Post
It's humid today in Manchester - but no doubt it will start to rain and probably will do so for the rest of the week.
Typical moaning Manc
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 12:44 pm   #165
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
... "terror at 30000 ft" or similar!
Quote:
I'd be ****ing terrified of travelling with a plane-load of Daily Mail readers.

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge