Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Apr 17th 2010, 1:02 am   #31
Premium Member

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

That means lots of exercise to get rid of what you put on with that. However that could be fun !

I always knew you were one of my fav's
Poppy girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th 2010, 10:23 am   #32
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmore View Post
BOO!!! HISS!!!!!

..didn't get that one. You hate the joke (?) or you are a fan of Dusty Springfield ?
Old Apr 17th 2010, 12:36 pm   #33
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

I know it is a disaster for many, certainly for the UK and the northern countries...but I had to smile a bit when listening to the news- giving all the Volcano updates; planes grounded, flights cancelled all over Europe, hundreds of thousands of people in limbo, buisness folks in panic etc, they went on to drop in that the last time the volcano erupted was 190 years ago-and it didn't stop for 2 years!

Full stop.

No "what if scenerio" no nothing. Kinda left me scratching my head.

What the hell WILL they do?
Old Apr 17th 2010, 1:10 pm   #34

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironporer View Post

Ships - we managed transatlantic travel for a long time before aeroplanes.

Package deals using flights where the routes are still open, e.g. DFW-MAD, then trains/Eurostar (or, possibly, limos or RVs for posh folk).
chartreuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th 2010, 1:50 pm   #35
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartreuse View Post
Ships - we managed transatlantic travel for a long time before aeroplanes.
Sounds like an episode of Star Wars..."Return of the Empire" LOL.

The scheduling of air flights will be the problem; if they can not rely on being able to fly x% of the time, those airplanes will be allocated to other slots. Sounds like it may be great for Spain, High speed rail, Ferrys etc but imagine having to go from NY-Mad, then get on a train to London, Olso or Copenhagen- a total PITA. Not to mention the financial well being of BA, Luftansa, KAL etc. Poor Richard Branson might even go broke!
Old Apr 17th 2010, 1:54 pm   #36
Super Moderator

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know it is a disaster for many, certainly for the UK and the northern countries...but I had to smile a bit when listening to the news- giving all the Volcano updates; planes grounded, flights cancelled all over Europe, hundreds of thousands of people in limbo, buisness folks in panic etc, they went on to drop in that the last time the volcano erupted was 190 years ago-and it didn't stop for 2 years!

Full stop.

They are saying it could go on erupting like this for months...and now there's its larger sister that could also erupt.

Please contact me here if you have any site related problems.
Jerseygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th 2010, 2:14 pm   #37
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
They are saying it could go on erupting like this for months...and now there's its larger sister that could also erupt.
If the cloud is heading for Norway et al and that's an area that doesn't see loads and loads of sun and this could go on and on...........
Old Apr 17th 2010, 2:42 pm   #38
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
but imagine having to go from NY-Mad, then get on a train to London
I am The mind boggles with our upcoming trip in June
Desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th 2010, 2:52 pm   #39
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyabs View Post
If the cloud is heading for Norway et al and that's an area that doesn't see loads and loads of sun and this could go on and on...........
Ok girls! Where's your smiley faces? This is the "What Made You Smile Today" thread, afterall!
AmerLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th 2010, 2:59 pm   #40

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerLisa View Post
Ok girls! Where's your smiley faces? This is the "What Made You Smile Today" thread, afterall!
Too late for that. Europe covered by a cloud of volcanic ash.. Darkness falls... Glaciers descending...

THE END IS NIGH!!!!!
chartreuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th 2010, 3:05 pm   #41
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartreuse View Post
Too late for that. Europe covered by a cloud of volcanic ash.. Darkness falls... Glaciers descending...

THE END IS NIGH!!!!!
Started a thread for you! No smiling necessary!
Old Apr 17th 2010, 3:25 pm   #42
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerLisa View Post
best I can manage is a grimace.......... hurricance season supposed to be a bad one too.........
Old Apr 17th 2010, 3:29 pm   #43
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
best I can manage is a grimace.......... hurricance season supposed to be a bad one too.........
Ewww, post it in the End is Nigh thread! I can only smile on this one.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 3:44 pm   #44
Sursum corda

Okay, okay. DH got a call to report Monday for his physical (read drug test) for his new job. So looks like we're getting closer to a starting date!
Old Apr 17th 2010, 3:45 pm   #45
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Okay, okay. DH got a call to report Monday for his physical (read drug test) for his new job. So looks like we're getting closer to a starting date!
Yahoo!

Edit to add: I didn't know he had got a new job, but congratulations!

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge