Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old May 18th 2017, 2:32 pm   #19771
F*** Trump

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What made you smile today? Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Party like it's 2037
He'll be 39 then. If he hasn't moved out at that point, I will have

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
My eldest moved out. Two years later she moved back in. Couldn't grumble, it meant she was finally done with a complete mentally abusive ****wit. She's moving to the UK next month, apparently for six months, I'm not convinced, I reckon that's it and I'm not looking forward to it. I'll congratulate you when he's married and really not coming back.
I just want a clean house again. The simple things.

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th 2017, 2:43 pm   #19772
BE Enthusiast

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
he could bank a lot of dosh between now and September.
But probably won't.

Quote:
That backfired, didn't it?

I hope we do get him on a crew here though, he's got his biological dad's last name, I'd love the idea of a crew that can't understand why the new guy Hernandez doesn't speak Spanish
We have a Hernandez at our place that doesn't speak Spanish but he's a senior manager so maybe not expected to.
chawkins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th 2017, 2:48 pm   #19773
F*** Trump

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawkins99 View Post
But probably won't.
I wouldn't be surprised if he does have a half decent amount left over though, even if he does blow some of it on treats. He spends most of his time farting about on his computer, and most of the rest sleeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawkins99 View Post
We have a Hernandez at our place that doesn't speak Spanish but he's a senior manager so maybe not expected to.
Not too uncommon, really. It might be an oddity on a landscaping crew though, of course.

Old May 18th 2017, 11:59 pm   #19774
Premium Member

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My eldest moved out. Two years later she moved back in. Couldn't grumble, it meant she was finally done with a complete mentally abusive ****wit. She's moving to the UK next month, apparently for six months, I'm not convinced, I reckon that's it and I'm not looking forward to it. I'll congratulate you when he's married and really not coming back.
My son did the move back to the UK thing for 3 months...that was 10 years ago and he's still there. It's tough but if it's what they want then you have to let go
Old May 19th 2017, 12:01 am   #19775
Premium Member

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know how the hell he did it but my son pulled it out of his arse at the last minute once again and he's actually going to graduate

It's his first day of the holidays after his last day of school today. I'm kind of jealous because that's a pretty cool day.
Yay! Congratulations, one down one to go!
Old May 19th 2017, 4:54 am   #19776
upsidedowner
Super Moderator

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
My son did the move back to the UK thing for 3 months...that was 10 years ago and he's still there. It's tough but if it's what they want then you have to let go
I don't like being a grown up though! Nah it's fine, she's excited and that's the main thing. I'm waiting until she goes through passport control before getting emotional.

The Recipe Thread Index:
moneypenny20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th 2017, 5:00 am   #19777
F*** Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Yay! Congratulations, one down one to go!
Next one is class of 2028, so we get a bit of a break before we have to go through the whole thing all over again

Old May 19th 2017, 5:07 am   #19778
upsidedowner
Super Moderator

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Next one is class of 2028, so we get a bit of a break before we have to go through the whole thing all over again
God that sounds llike such a 'living on Mars' type year! Be here before you know it. Also being a female, she'll be an emotional teen for all of those years. Enjoy!

The Recipe Thread Index:
moneypenny20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th 2017, 5:11 am   #19779
F*** Trump

Quote:
God that sounds llike such a 'living on Mars' type year! Be here before you know it. Also being a female, she'll be an emotional teen for all of those years. Enjoy!
It seems like miles off but it's only eleven years away

As 'fun' as it will be then, she's already a bloody diva. It can only get worse.

Old May 19th 2017, 3:08 pm   #19780
joto Female
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It seems like miles off but it's only eleven years away

As 'fun' as it will be then, she's already a bloody diva. It can only get worse.
You have to nip the divaness in the bud, before it gets too bad.
joto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th 2017, 5:53 pm   #19781
F*** Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by joto View Post
You have to nip the divaness in the bud, before it gets too bad.
I feel I'm going to get shit on either way, so path of least resistance it is.

Old May 19th 2017, 7:02 pm   #19782

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know how the hell he did it but my son pulled it out of his arse at the last minute once again and he's actually going to graduate

It's his first day of the holidays after his last day of school today. I'm kind of jealous because that's a pretty cool day.
Missed this. Congrats. With any luck this will be us next year as long as the Little Lion doesn't take his eye of the ball and stops forgetting to turn in assignments he's already done

Nice idea about the crew. Mine can vaguely manage Spanish but does't look Mexican at all, though he would brown up nicely being in the sun all day.
Old May 19th 2017, 7:15 pm   #19783
F*** Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Missed this. Congrats. With any luck this will be us next year as long as the Little Lion doesn't take his eye of the ball and stops forgetting to turn in assignments he's already done
Thanks.

Not turning in assignments was exactly the reason we thought there was a chance he might not actually graduate. Luckily he got his finger out at the right moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Nice idea about the crew. Mine can vaguely manage Spanish but does't look Mexican at all, though he would brown up nicely being in the sun all day.
I was talking to the head of construction in work the other day and it sounds like he's got a spot so that'll be good. We (due to the H2B visa pay requirements) have pretty competitive pay for entry level laborers, so he should do quite well.

College is up in the air right now. It'll be College of Lake County for his generals, and an associates degree and then he can go on to a 4 year school to get his bachelor's, if he does go that route.

Old May 21st 2017, 11:52 am   #19784
old age pensioner
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Watching a channel 4 property programme Coast v Country yesterday, the people were looking for property in Somerset, but the chap showing coastal properties wasn't doing very well, so he took them 'a few miles out of Somerset' to Seaton in Devon where we are, the property was not far from the town, but in the little film about Seaton there was a shot that showed he building where we live The couple actually bought the property he showed them, the sellers wanted £600,000 the property had been on the market a year, ans he kept turning down offers, he did eventually settle for a £50,000 reduction, but with an attitude like that no wonder the place had been for sale for such a long time.
mikelincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st 2017, 3:36 pm   #19785
lizzyq Female
BE Forum Addict

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Finished the cardigan from hell.

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/lizzyastro/girls-lacy-cardies-4435
lizzyq is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge