Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Sep 3rd 2017, 3:36 pm   #1
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do you think of Lewis Hamilton's ode to Diana?

Daily Mail is savaging him.

I think it is a bit weird of him to pen it, but doesn't sound bad.

The day we lost our Nation's Rose,
Tears we cried like rivers flowed,
The earth stood still
As we laid her to rest,
A day you & I
Will never forget,
The people's princess
Who came to see,
The love from a country
We'd hope she'd lead,
England's beauty
Captured in one sweet soul,
Carried the torch
God rest her soul,
With the gift she had
She'd light up the way,
With a smile to show us a brighter day,
Hearts still full
Of the love she gave,
20 years since she laid in her grave,
There will never be another like you,
Now a shining star in the midnight sky
I will always remember you,
Princess Diana,
As our sweet nation's rose

Boomhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 3:51 pm   #2
Lt Col (Retd)
Premium Member

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think of Lewis Hamilton's ode to Diana?

Too saccharine-sweet, and amateurish and immature. ..... Not that I much like poetry; I think my interest in poetry begins and ends with The Raven.

Maybe he has a future working for Hallmark, writing poems for greeting cards?
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 4:39 pm   #3
What year is this?
Premium Member

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

These are better

From about 3.20
BristolUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th 2017, 9:12 am   #4
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Daily Mail is savaging him.

I think it is a bit weird of him to pen it, but doesn't sound bad.

The day we lost our Nation's Rose,
Good god. If he wrote it when he was a spotty 12-year old then it's forgiveable. Please let it be so. I very nearly broke my 3-decade run of not throwing up.

As for the Fail criticising him, they can go and **** themselves royally.
Old Sep 4th 2017, 9:51 am   #5
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
Too saccharine-sweet, and amateurish and immature. ..... Not that I much like poetry; I think my interest in poetry begins and ends with The Raven.

Maybe he has a future working for Hallmark, writing poems for greeting cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Good god. If he wrote it when he was a spotty 12-year old then it's forgiveable. Please let it be so. I very nearly broke my 3-decade run of not throwing up.

As for the Fail criticising him, they can go and **** themselves royally.
Agree Pulaski and Bahtatboy. But I wouldn'r rag on him cause I couldn't put together 2 poetic sentences to save my dog's life.
Boomhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th 2017, 10:17 am   #6
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Agree Pulaski and Bahtatboy. But I wouldn'r rag on him cause I couldn't put together 2 poetic sentences to save my dog's life.
But that's the point, made more emphatic by Hamilton's excellence at what he does. Motor racing and poetry would be rather strange bedfellows, but hey -- why not? The only reason would be that you're crap at one. I can't quite picture Rossetti (despite his name) or Swinburne in racing garb. Try it out privately: fine; inflict it on the public: not wise.

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge