Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:19 pm   #76
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Replies to facebook posts that you can't actually put on there

Have we bitched about those fake status updates where in memory of cancer patients you take your birthdate and for month and year there is a place and time.. Like I'm going to St Petersburgh for 18 months....

How the **** does that remind me of breast cancer?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:21 pm   #77
N1cky Female
Premium Member

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie007 View Post
Have we bitched about those fake status updates where in memory of cancer patients you take your birthdate and for month and year there is a place and time.. Like I'm going to St Petersburgh for 18 months....

How the **** does that remind me of breast cancer?
I'm wearing orange knickers
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:23 pm   #78
Bash the fash

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1cky View Post
You're stricter with yours than I am with our 10 year old.
You have to be, when you're as close in age as he and I are. My wife had him young; we're only 19 years apart. Because, at heart, all blokes are still 14 year old boys, in his eyes, that makes us contemporaries. If he sees me as too much of a mate, he'll walk all over me ...

Mostly, he doesn't want to bother with FB anyway, I've already told him it's nothing but passive agressive drama queens, wankers and crappy statuses about 'being strong' with a fuzzy picture of a kitten in the background. He's more happy listening to the troll song on youtube and playing Minecraft ...

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:25 pm   #79
Bob Male
Not so super superslob
Super Moderator

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Would the person with the painting also have an exceptionally untalented daughter who sings a lot?
That could be me...almost

But bless her, she does sing her heart out.

I wish other wise.

Immigrants should be tarred and feathered....Yes, I like it kinky.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:29 pm   #80
Leslie Female
WTF?
Premium Member

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine that teenagers would want to hang out in the same place with a bunch of whiny middle-aged twats. I'm a whiny middle-aged twat and even I don't want to go on there.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:30 pm   #81
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Wonder which one I was
The reading cat
Sally Redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:31 pm   #82
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
I can't imagine that teenagers would want to hang out in the same place with a bunch of whiny middle-aged twats. I'm a whiny middle-aged twat and even I don't want to go on there.
My daughter does seem to use it to talk to her friends, with the phone on as well.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:34 pm   #83
N1cky Female
Premium Member

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
The reading cat
I would never post a picture of a cat.

I'm off to unfriend you now
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:39 pm   #84
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie View Post

Watch out Sally! It's a trap.
I have posted it in the photo gallery, a bit safer? Might take it down later.
Quote:
I would never post a picture of a cat.

I'm off to unfriend you now
It's all I deserve
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:39 pm   #85
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Wants to wish my beautiful niece who is 2 years old a fabulous birthday...

Coz of course you're going to post on FB that she is an ugly ****er... Like she reads it anyway...

Make the bloody effort and send a card why don't you?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:40 pm   #86
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie007 View Post
Wants to wish my beautiful niece who is 2 years old a fabulous birthday...

Coz of course you're going to post on FB that she is an ugly ****er... Like she reads it anyway...

Make the bloody effort and send a card why don't you?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:41 pm   #87
Leslie Female
WTF?
Premium Member

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have posted it in the photo gallery, a bit safer? Might take it down later.
I think that as long as you saved it to your computer and then uploaded it .... you're probably safe. But I'd take it down if I were you.

BTW, yes, it is garbage.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:44 pm   #88
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Our dad says if we can get 20,000,000 likes we can get a puppy..

Or picture of sick kid.... Get 2000,000,000 likes and we'll pay for their op.

ARRRRRGH
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:46 pm   #89
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have really gone off the word 'like'.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:52 pm   #90
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Times have changed so much. When I was a kid, I got a simple 'happy birthday' from my parents. Not a message to the world about how I was the most wonderful, beautiful, talented, amazing etc etc child ever with a million exclamation marks and x's.
Same here - my parents never told me they loved me, face to face, so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done on facebook.

My brother is always posting to my dead mum and dad, how much he loves and misses them. How he thinks they read them, I'm not sure. I want to post "you hated mum when she was alive and never had a good word to say about her, you hypocritical git." My dad, apparently, has been reincarnated as a robin my brother (who is 50) sees in the park, which he posts photos of most days.

Uncle Ebenezer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge