Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:45 pm   #31
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Replies to facebook posts that you can't actually put on there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
Why just the width of it as well? Do they not love the baby to the full cubic capacity?

Times have changed so much. When I was a kid, I got a simple 'happy birthday' from my parents. Not a message to the world about how I was the most wonderful, beautiful, talented, amazing etc etc child ever with a million exclamation marks and x's.
I know. I reject all that crap. A person is one in seven billion. That's about as special as a hydrogen atom, IMO.

Children need to be exposed to reality, not Hallmark-esque vomit inducing platitudes that are the single reason everyone under the age of twenty-five is an insufferable, self important ball-bag these days

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:45 pm   #32
Leslie Female
WTF?
Premium Member

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why just the width of it as well? Do they not love the baby to the full cubic capacity?

Times have changed so much. When I was a kid, I got a simple 'happy birthday' from my parents. Not a message to the world about how I was the most wonderful, beautiful, talented, amazing etc etc child ever with a million exclamation marks and x's.
It's so sickening.

Most people have turned into mush-brained nincompoops, which is bad enough in and of itself, but they want to slather the rest of us with it too.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:46 pm   #33
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I know. I reject all that crap. A person is one in seven billion. That's about as special as a hydrogen atom, IMO.

Children need to be exposed to reality, not Hallmark-esque vomit inducing platitudes that are the single reason everyone under the age of twenty-five is an insufferable, self important ball-bag these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
It's so sickening.

Most people have turned into mush-brained nincompoops, which is bad enough in and of itself, but they want to slather the rest of us with it too.
Sally Redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:49 pm   #34
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I like to troll my son with that crap.

"Oh, you have to take five minutes away from your computer and clean your room? So in the scale of the universe, given you're here for seventy years out of fourteen billion, tell me exactly why I should give two shits?"

He hates that

Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:53 pm   #35
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Couldn't agree more...what pisses me off more than anything are the school mums who post on FB about nano second after parents evening has finished to report how proud they are of their genius son/daughter and how the teacher thinks they have the next Einstein on their hands (with loads of sideways smileys on the end)
pommybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:53 pm   #36
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Oh, you have to take five minutes away from your computer and clean your room?
Actually I'd be pretty happy if my daughter did that

Neither of them is my friend though
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:54 pm   #37
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Couldn't agree more...what pisses me off more than anything are the school mums who post on FB about nano second after parents evening has finished to report how proud they are of their genius son/daughter and how the teacher thinks they have the next Einstein on their hands (with loads of sideways smileys on the end)
Teaching must be a total nightmare nowadays with these numbskull parents.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:57 pm   #38
**** the FCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Gahhh.

My children are smart, I don't need to broadcast that to the entire world to reassure myself that they are. When they excel at something, I congratulate them in person and leave it at that. However, if they arse something up, I don't sugarcoat it when I make it known.

Quote:
Actually I'd be pretty happy if my daughter did that

Neither of them is my friend though
I don't let my son on FB.

Old Jan 28th 2013, 4:13 pm   #39
Super Moderator

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I hate all that sort of crap. I don't feel the need to tell all and sundry how much I love my daughter or husband...or how proud I am of them. They know...that's all that matters.

Please contact me here if you have any site related problems.
Jerseygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th 2013, 4:14 pm   #40
**** the FCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I hate all that sort of crap. I don't feel the need to tell all and sundry how much I love my daughter or husband...or how proud I am of them. They know...that's all that matters to me.
They're the only people who need to know anyway.

Old Jan 28th 2013, 4:16 pm   #41
Super Moderator

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They're the only people who need to know anyway.
Precisely. I can't abide all the self praise and back slapping. IMO only people with little to no self esteem and self confidence feel the need to do that.

I admit I am a hard hearted bugger.

Please contact me here if you have any site related problems.
Jerseygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th 2013, 4:18 pm   #42
**** the FCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Precisely. I can't abide all the self praise and back slapping. IMO only people with no esteem and self confidence feel the need to do that.
That's kind of our point. The ones on FB who do that are exactly those kinds of people. They do their children no favours by doing it, either.

There are actually normal people on there, too - of course. For the most part they are outnumbered by the numpties. It's not like BE though, you can't just throw in a one-liner and not expect the fires of Hades to rain down upon your head.

Old Jan 28th 2013, 4:20 pm   #43
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No your cat is not 'reading' that 'intellectual' book oh so casually place on the sofa.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 4:21 pm   #44
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your vintage Danish coffee table is rubbish.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 4:22 pm   #45
**** the FCC

Quote:
No your cat is not 'reading' that 'intellectual' book oh so casually place on the sofa.

No, I will absolutely not pray that your insignifigant event that will only benefit you and nobody else turns out as planned.

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge