Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:05 pm   #16
Maste Male
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Puppy Dog Thread

We bought Dani a new collar today, to stop the confusion of her being a boy (blue collar, boy sounding name). I think she loves it with that pose.
Attached Thumbnails
The Puppy Dog Thread-img_2541.jpg  
Maste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th 2017, 10:40 am   #17
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

I want to post a picture of my dog on here but have no idea how to do it from a MacBook Air...any advice?
GeniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th 2017, 4:32 pm   #18
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

While we're in Oz, our dear old furry friend Murphy is being looked after in our home in the UK by a pet sitter. There's a church yard nearby that Murph absolutely loves - he might be thinking he'll find a bone in there? You're not supposed to take dogs in there, but when the gate's open we've been known to give in to his insistence that we walk THROUGH the church yard, not around it. If the gate's closed, he gets a cob on.

Our pet sitter sent us this photo today, taken on Murphy's morning walk

The Puppy Dog Thread-murphy-no-church.jpg
Old Oct 15th 2017, 6:01 pm   #19
Super Moderator

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
While we're in Oz, our dear old furry friend Murphy is being looked after in our home in the UK by a pet sitter. There's a church yard nearby that Murph absolutely loves - he might be thinking he'll find a bone in there? You're not supposed to take dogs in there, but when the gate's open we've been known to give in to his insistence that we walk THROUGH the church yard, not around it. If the gate's closed, he gets a cob on.

Attachment 128733
Beautiful dog.

Looks like he’s saying ‘Does that apply to me?’

Please contact me here if you have any site related problems.
Jerseygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th 2017, 4:26 pm   #20
Maste Male
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
I want to post a picture of my dog on here but have no idea how to do it from a MacBook Air...any advice?
Hi, you can airdrop pics from your phone to your macbook.

Click reply, and along the top you'll see a paperclip icon. This opens a file upload box, and you can select the photo file there and click upload!

I look forward to seeing your dog.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 4:26 pm   #21
Maste Male
BE Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post

Attachment 128733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Beautiful dog.

Looks like he’s saying ‘Does that apply to me?’
I feel like he's saying "A dog? What's a dog? Am I a dog?"
Old Oct 20th 2017, 4:46 pm   #22
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maste View Post
Hi, you can airdrop pics from your phone to your macbook.

Click reply, and along the top you'll see a paperclip icon. This opens a file upload box, and you can select the photo file there and click upload!

I look forward to seeing your dog.

Here she is
Attached Thumbnails
The Puppy Dog Thread-img_0793.jpg  
Old Nov 28th 2017, 10:04 pm   #23
Maste Male
BE Enthusiast

Quote:
Here she is
Only just seen this! She is a beautiful dog, she looks exactly like Dani's dog park buddy she loves to play with.

So, question, and I don't know whether to be concerned or not! Dani suddenly went from ravenous, wolfing her food down every meal, to taking her time and eating only half of it. She then comes back to it afterwards to finish it (usually after our morning run, or after an evening dog park/walk).

Her poos are fine, her behavior hasn't changed, nothing has changed with regards to lifestyle/behavior/habits etc.

It's just the sudden nature of the change that slightly worries me. One side of me says she is being the smart breed she is and is just being resourceful - saving half of both her meals for after her long run and long dog park play session.

Another side is just wondering if something might be wrong with her?

Any of you dog owners experienced/witnessed this?
Old Nov 28th 2017, 10:44 pm   #24
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Only just seen this! She is a beautiful dog, she looks exactly like Dani's dog park buddy she loves to play with.

So, question, and I don't know whether to be concerned or not! Dani suddenly went from ravenous, wolfing her food down every meal, to taking her time and eating only half of it. She then comes back to it afterwards to finish it (usually after our morning run, or after an evening dog park/walk).

Her poos are fine, her behavior hasn't changed, nothing has changed with regards to lifestyle/behavior/habits etc.

It's just the sudden nature of the change that slightly worries me. One side of me says she is being the smart breed she is and is just being resourceful - saving half of both her meals for after her long run and long dog park play session.

Another side is just wondering if something might be wrong with her?

Any of you dog owners experienced/witnessed this?
Its normal for a dog to wolf down its food in about one minute. For your dog to change her behaviour is a cause for a little concern. I would have a word with your vet and get her stomach looked at. It may be just an age thing ,she is getting too much food?.. or it could be a problem in her intestines,something she has swallowed
Old Nov 29th 2017, 12:52 am   #25
Maste Male
BE Enthusiast

Quote:
Its normal for a dog to wolf down its food in about one minute. For your dog to change her behaviour is a cause for a little concern. I would have a word with your vet and get her stomach looked at. It may be just an age thing ,she is getting too much food?.. or it could be a problem in her intestines,something she has swallowed
Yeah, I was used to the wolfing it down and then her pestering for more, which she never got! She definitely doesn't have too much, as I am very particular, I weigh her weekly and adjust accordingly for daily exercise levels etc, and she's always been 50lbs.

We recently got back from thanksgiving at the GF's parent's house, and there she did pinch her parents dog food (they have wet food due to old age and having a lack of teeth), so I was thinking maybe she was holding out for that kind of food as she got a taste for it!

She's only 1 yr and 2 months, so shouldn't be an age thing. She's a sniffer and scavenger for sure, so she may have found/ate something in the big yard at my GF's parents!

I think I'll give her a couple of days to see, as everything else does seem fine, even her pooping isn't a cause for concern!
Old Nov 29th 2017, 1:02 pm   #26
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

The Puppy Dog Thread-img_00000499.jpg
This is Honey, on the day that she adopted us.

I arrived at my house in Portugal to be told that a dog had been roaming around for the previous 3 weeks or more, but would run away when my wife called it. Over the next week or so, I was "observed"" from a distance whilst working outside - and each day she came a little closer. Finally, our visitor decided she might stay - and has been with us since. She was just over a year old, but very traumatised - but two years later, she is part of the family - along with her "sister" who arrived in a similar way.

How anyone can abandon such lovely creatures is beyond me.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 1:18 pm   #27
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Attachment 129049
Cutey.
Nutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th 2017, 1:24 pm   #28
Maste Male
BE Enthusiast

Quote:
Attachment 129049

I arrived at my house in Portugal to be told that a dog had been roaming around for the previous 3 weeks or more, but would run away when my wife called it. Over the next week or so, I was "observed"" from a distance whilst working outside - and each day she came a little closer. Finally, our visitor decided she might stay - and has been with us since. She was just over a year old, but very traumatised - but two years later, she is part of the family - along with her "sister" who arrived in a similar way.

How anyone can abandon such lovely creatures is beyond me.
Honey is very cute! The furry face has a look of wisdom about it - definitely looks the street wise dog she is!

I'm glad you rescued her and her sister. always warms my heart when people rescue pets
Old Nov 29th 2017, 2:04 pm   #29
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Honey is very cute! The furry face has a look of wisdom about it - definitely looks the street wise dog she is!

I'm glad you rescued her and her sister. always warms my heart when people rescue pets
The Puppy Dog Thread-20170211_125511.jpg
She's a Podengo pequeno, clever and robust. She runs like a greyhound, jumps like a rabbit and is as smart as a bee - when she's not asleep! Sadly, she seems to have had a hard life early on, so won't chase a ball or a stick and rarely plays. But the arrival of her "sister" a year ago turned things around and they are now inseparable. The change is beautiful to see.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 2:43 pm   #30
Maste Male
BE Enthusiast

Quote:
Attachment 129050
She's a Podengo pequeno, clever and robust. She runs like a greyhound, jumps like a rabbit and is as smart as a bee - when she's not asleep! Sadly, she seems to have had a hard life early on, so won't chase a ball or a stick and rarely plays. But the arrival of her "sister" a year ago turned things around and they are now inseparable. The change is beautiful to see.
Never heard of that breed before, but sounds very cool and smart!

That sucks that she had a hard life early on, but it's great that having a canine sibling is helping her out a lot I'm surprised it worked out so well, as female dogs living together often causes big issues!

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge