Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old May 13th 2007, 7:17 pm   #1
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all
Default New UK Torrent Site

For those who haven't seen this yet, there's a new British Torrent Site called "The Box". Registrations are open and it seems to have a lot of good stuff on there:

http://www.thebox.bz

I've only just joined it, so can't offer any more than that URL at this stage.
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th 2007, 8:51 pm   #2
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New UK Torrent Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodacre View Post
For those who haven't seen this yet, there's a new British Torrent Site called "The Box". Registrations are open and it seems to have a lot of good stuff on there:

Ta v much, will keep this link and try it out.
Old May 14th 2007, 12:50 am   #3
Maz Female

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

These seem to be starting up all over the place right now. I've heard of another one called thetelly.net. Apparently it's taken off in Dubai, of all places.

I don't think I watch enough telly to be interested in either, but there's obviously a market for them somewhere!
Old May 14th 2007, 12:56 am   #4
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all

I've had a bit more of en explore on this site and it does seem pretty good so far. I've downloaded the latest Derren Brown and the latest Have I Got News For You, both very speedy -- tons of seeds. That means that one has the same problem as on UK Nova, that it's difficult to get your ratio up without uploading slowly for days and nights on end. But TheBox are getting round this, at least in these early days, by offering a bunch of freebies, e.g. Have I Got News For You was a freebie -- download with no effect on your ratio. They are offering the same with a lot of their caps, all those with "FREE" next to them. Don't know how long they'll be able to carry that on for, but it's working nicely for me at the mo. Apparently the incentive is to get people to seed by offering them double the credit.
Old May 31st 2007, 10:56 am   #5
Just Joined

NJStokie is an unknown quantity at this point

I've treid to register with this site now three times and everytime I never receive my confirmation email.
Old May 31st 2007, 11:27 am   #6
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJStokie View Post
I've treid to register with this site now three times and everytime I never receive my confirmation email.
That's annoying, isn't it? It has a 40,000 capacity and has only reached 6,000. Have you checked your spam folder?
Old May 31st 2007, 11:32 am   #7
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Signed up - thanks
Old May 31st 2007, 4:51 pm   #8
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

this is the shit!!!

peep show and bear grylls here I come.

I could never get on UK nova so this is awesome!
Old May 31st 2007, 5:03 pm   #9

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone on here worked on UKNova and suggested the best time to join was 10pm. Apparently they kick people out all the time.
Old May 31st 2007, 6:51 pm   #10
Forum Regular

The problem with UKNova these days is that the site is so slow -- really overloaded, though it has loads of good stuff on it when you can get on. I'm about half and half with UKNova and thebox at the moment. Thebox is always up at the moment, though, and I like their "FREE" downloads; it was Big Brother last night, Doctor Who on Saturday and so on. (And wow, anyone catch last Saturday's Doctor Who? One of the best ever).
Old May 31st 2007, 9:14 pm   #11
Just Joined

Quote:
That's annoying, isn't it? It has a 40,000 capacity and has only reached 6,000. Have you checked your spam folder?
I use OE for email. Don't think I have a spam folder.
Old May 31st 2007, 9:30 pm   #12
Just Joined

p.s.
Yes, I appreciate their hard work. But if I have to see that MIND THE BLOODY GAP PAGE ONE MORE TIME!!!:curse::curse::curse:
I'm sure you know what I mean.
Old May 31st 2007, 9:53 pm   #13
Forum Regular

Quote:
I use OE for email. Don't think I have a spam folder.
Do you use hotmail with OE? If so, note this on their FAQ, "There are known issues with hotmail. Stop using that piece of shit service and get a real one like yahoo or gmail. Those 2 work fine." That may be the issue. The site's still open, so it's not an issue with it being overloaded.

Yes, I know what you mean about the mind the gap thing on UKNova!
Old Jun 1st 2007, 12:13 am   #14
Just Joined

Nope. No Hotmail. Just my ISP's email. And they aren't free.
Although I'm now beginning to wonder if there is a setting that I'm missing.
I think my ISP may have a filter because I've been blessed with no spam for a couple of years now.
Would a reply from the box come as spam?
Old Jun 1st 2007, 12:20 am   #15
Forum Regular

Quote:
Nope. No Hotmail. Just my ISP's email. And they aren't free.
Although I'm now beginning to wonder if there is a setting that I'm missing.
I think my ISP may have a filter because I've been blessed with no spam for a couple of years now.
Would a reply from the box come as spam?
Yes, it could be. I suggest temporarily signing up for a GMail account, sign in to thebox using that, and then you don't particularly need to use your GMail again, but it's there if you do need it. GMail will take you a couple of minutes, tops, to sign in to. If you're frustrated by UKNova, you'll appreciate thebox, I think.
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge