Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Sep 6th 2017, 7:24 pm   #16
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Mystery of the tiny holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Huh?
https://www.reddit.com/r/trypophobia/

This kind of stuff. Gives some people the heebs, apparently.

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th 2017, 8:19 am   #17
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/trypophobia/

This kind of stuff. Gives some people the heebs, apparently.
Too weird.. I like the symmetry of holes in shower heads ,and seed heads. I did draw the line at watching the mango worms being removed from a dog though
GeniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th 2017, 2:44 pm   #18
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Too weird.. I like the symmetry of holes in shower heads ,and seed heads. I did draw the line at watching the mango worms being removed from a dog though
You didn't see the hair transplant surgery, then? Some weird things in there for sure. None of it freaks me out, and I'm vaguely sure this 'phobia' is an internet phenomenon. There was a picture floating around years ago that was reported to be a breast rash caused by botfly larvae, but it was really just a picture of a breast with a lotus seed pod photoshopped in. I'll give good odds that's where it all started.

Old Sep 10th 2017, 10:20 am   #19
BE Enthusiast

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

.... Sorry to bring out my spy-glass & deer-stalker but...
After you washed them, presumably you put them in a cupboard before next use?????
Take a look inside the cupboard - slightly stale odour? tiny brown flecks???
You might have the summer equivalent of woolly-bugs lava - non Latin user so can't remember the name.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 10:50 pm   #20
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Now thats more like it Expatrick.... Problem.if not solved,at least explained

It is a mega world wide problem.Indeed I am not alone phew !

The culprit? Its the good old jeans button!! It is so abrasive it rubs holes in less robust T shirt fabric..

Answer.. Iron on a patch of fabric stiffener...voila ..No more holes.

I can now sleep easy
Disagree ... have the same problem, hardly ever wear jeans !
Still have older Tshirts, no problem with them but the newer ones have the problem.
Sometimes even after 1 wash (cheap and expensive ones)!
I reckon nowadays the manufacturers put a soft spot right there and even wearing a seat belt produces a hole !
At the beginning of this problem, I kept them for ''gardening'' but there is no way I will do that much gardening in my life so now I just throw them out and buy new ones ...
Old Sep 11th 2017, 5:11 pm   #21
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
.... Sorry to bring out my spy-glass & deer-stalker but...
After you washed them, presumably you put them in a cupboard before next use?????
Take a look inside the cupboard - slightly stale odour? tiny brown flecks???
You might have the summer equivalent of woolly-bugs lava - non Latin user so can't remember the name.
Nope, I thought of that awhile back,but even bugs can't just decide to eat holes in just one tiny area of a T-shirt. The same area every time!
Old Sep 11th 2017, 5:14 pm   #22
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Disagree ... have the same problem, hardly ever wear jeans !
Still have older Tshirts, no problem with them but the newer ones have the problem.
Sometimes even after 1 wash (cheap and expensive ones)!
I reckon nowadays the manufacturers put a soft spot right there and even wearing a seat belt produces a hole !
At the beginning of this problem, I kept them for ''gardening'' but there is no way I will do that much gardening in my life so now I just throw them out and buy new ones ...
Aagghhhhh Noooooo Annetje... Don't tell me it's NOT jeans buttons?
Old Sep 11th 2017, 5:17 pm   #23
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
You didn't see the hair transplant surgery, then? Some weird things in there for sure. None of it freaks me out, and I'm vaguely sure this 'phobia' is an internet phenomenon. There was a picture floating around years ago that was reported to be a breast rash caused by botfly larvae, but it was really just a picture of a breast with a lotus seed pod photoshopped in. I'll give good odds that's where it all started.
I've watched the hair transplant before. It's a bit like knotting a rug. i also think I saw the botfly thing as well. None of it bothers me. I am now just getting mad as hell that SOMETHING is destroying my T shirts. Why is it such a mystery ?
Old Sep 11th 2017, 5:26 pm   #24
**** the FCC

Quote:
I've watched the hair transplant before. It's a bit like knotting a rug. i also think I saw the botfly thing as well. None of it bothers me. I am now just getting mad as hell that SOMETHING is destroying my T shirts. Why is it such a mystery ?
I wish I could help you with the mystery holes. Any time it happens to my t-shirts it was from my cat trying to climb me. They don't produce a pattern though, just random ones here and there.

Old Sep 14th 2017, 6:10 am   #25
upsidedowner
Super Moderator

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

All of my t shirts have holes in a random line about two or three inches from the bottom. Happens when they've been washed about 10 times. No idea why but it's a pain in the neck.

The Recipe Thread Index:
moneypenny20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th 2017, 12:03 pm   #26
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

we have this too- I think it from counter/bench top edges where we lean against them to do things- making tea, chopping stuff, and the are is rubbed against the rough edge.
Pomster is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge