Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Sep 5th 2017, 8:32 am   #1
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Mystery of the tiny holes

To take our minds off some of the horrors around us.. a mystery

Calling all you Sherlocks

I have had a problem with some of my T shirts for yrs. Asked amongst friends and family,no one has solved it to date. Maybe some of you can help

On some of my T's I have found,a short while after wearing them, that about two to three inches up from the hem at the front of the T there will be a series of tiny holes,usually in a rough circle...

Some have suggested that my belt buckle is punching holes...hmmmm .That is usually placed way over to the left .The holes are in the middle..but could be the culprit

Others have suggest the teeth of a zip...hmmm. Wouldn't that imply a straight-line of holes?The zips are covered with fabric anyway

Yet more think the seat belt is at fault....hmmmm. Not seeing this one!!

Others blame the washing machine?. Maybe..but then why not ALL the T's?

This morning I am wearing a lovely brand new T from Zara home. I have washed it once...by hand. Looking down at it just now I am dismayed to find a crop circle of tiny holes....aghhhhhhh WHY ? Please help.....

Last edited by GeniB; Sep 5th 2017 at 8:34 am.
GeniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th 2017, 8:37 am   #2
old age pensioner
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Mystery of the tiny holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
To take our minds off some of the horrors around us.. a mystery

Calling all you Sherlocks

I have had a problem with some of my T shirts for yrs. Asked amongst friends and family,no one has solved it to date. Maybe some of you can help

On some of my T's I have found,a short while after wearing them, that about two to three inches up from the hem at the front of the T there will be a series of tiny holes,usually in a rough circle...

Some have suggested that my belt buckle is punching holes...hmmmm .That is usually placed way over to the left .The holes are in the middle..but could be the culprit

Others have suggest the teeth of a zip...hmmm. Wouldn't that imply a straight-line of holes?The zips are covered with fabric anyway

Yet more think the seat belt is at fault....hmmmm. Not seeing this one!!

Others blame the washing machine?. Maybe..but then why not ALL the T's?

This morning I am wearing a lovely brand new T from Zara home. I have washed it once...by hand. Looking down at it just now I am dismayed to find a crop circle of tiny holes....aghhhhhhh WHY ? Please help.....
Security tag from the shop?..
mikelincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th 2017, 1:25 pm   #3

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

It's the navel piercings.

Old Sep 5th 2017, 1:53 pm   #4
BE Enthusiast

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Trypophobia!
Expatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th 2017, 2:09 pm   #5
BE Enthusiast

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Must be a conspiracy! Cue the British tabloid press...
Attached Thumbnails
The Mystery of the tiny holes-screenshot_2017-09-05-16-04-41%7E2.png  
Old Sep 5th 2017, 2:11 pm   #6
Lt Col (Retd)
Premium Member

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Do you wear the T-shirts tucked in? .... Are the holes above or below your waistband? .... Or straddling your waistband?
Old Sep 5th 2017, 2:30 pm   #7
BE Enthusiast

GeniB - google it, seems you're not alone!
Old Sep 5th 2017, 7:38 pm   #8
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Security tag from the shop?..
Nope
Old Sep 5th 2017, 7:39 pm   #9
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Yukus
Old Sep 5th 2017, 7:40 pm   #10
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Trypophobia!
Huh?
Old Sep 5th 2017, 7:41 pm   #11
BE Enthusiast

Quote:
Huh?
"Trypophobia is a proposed phobia of irregular patterns or clusters of small holes or bumps. The term is believed to have been coined by a participant in an online ..."
Old Sep 5th 2017, 7:49 pm   #12
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
"Trypophobia is a proposed phobia of irregular patterns or clusters of small holes or bumps. The term is believed to have been coined by a participant in an online ..."
Duuurh
Old Sep 5th 2017, 7:54 pm   #13
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
GeniB - google it, seems you're not alone!
Now thats more like it Expatrick.... Problem.if not solved,at least explained

It is a mega world wide problem.Indeed I am not alone phew !

The culprit? Its the good old jeans button!! It is so abrasive it rubs holes in less robust T shirt fabric..

Answer.. Iron on a patch of fabric stiffener...voila ..No more holes.

I can now sleep easy
Old Sep 5th 2017, 7:58 pm   #14
BE Enthusiast

Quote:
Now thats more like it Expatrick.... Problem.if not solved,at least explained

It is a mega world wide problem.Indeed I am not alone phew !

The culprit? Its the good old jeans button!! It is so abrasive it rubs holes in less robust T shirt fabric..

Answer.. Iron on a patch of fabric stiffener...voila ..No more holes.

I can now sleep easy
Trypophobia - title for your next book? After all you've already worn the T shirt!
Old Sep 6th 2017, 7:11 am   #15
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Trypophobia - title for your next book? After all you've already worn the T shirt!
LOL..Maybe they can become a fashion item,like slashed knees.

In any event those jeans buttons are causing a world wide problem. I see a campaign forming.' Save our T shirts'

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge