Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Sep 15th 2017, 12:03 am   #106
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Kitty Cat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard8655 View Post
Boris.
Great name.
Nutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th 2017, 12:10 am   #107
Forum Regular

Richard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Great name.
Richard8655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th 2017, 6:31 pm   #108
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my wife's two. 1 year old Rainboo and 4 month old Loki. You can't really tell how fluffy Loki is until you see his chest and belly so I added the second picture of him invaded the dog's crate.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kitty Cat Thread-cats.jpg   The Kitty Cat Thread-img_1087.jpg  
SpoogleDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th 2017, 7:39 pm   #109
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Nancy Boy
Attached Thumbnails
The Kitty Cat Thread-20171012_134953.jpg   The Kitty Cat Thread-20171012_105343.jpg  
Old Oct 13th 2017, 8:51 pm   #110
Lt Col (Retd)
Premium Member

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
I'm so glad you shared.

Milton is really a rather good looking chap if somewhat stoic from what you write ....
So it's been a couple of months since the last update, and Milton has continued to eat fairly healthily, and has gained weight. I would guess he is up to around ten pounds, which still isn't much as he is a fairly large cat, and was previously weighed around 13lb without being overweight in the slightest.

His weight gain has been rather uneven, with him filling in around the waist, but still having very little flesh over his ribs, so in many respects he is still thin, and we believe that this is because our vet is basically correct - Milton has cancer, and is living on borrowed time. Because of that we are fully prepared for the day when he just won't eat*, ..... and about once every couple of weeks he seems to have a slow day and be less than enthusiastic about eating, and we wonder "is this it?" But overall he is still eating fairly well.

* My manager is aware that I will probably need, at some time, to make a run to the vet, we have an Amazon cardboard box ready, and I have a grave dug (and covered with concrete slabs) next to his late playmates, girls on one side of a young hickory and boys on the other.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 9:06 pm   #111
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
So it's been a couple of months since the last update, and Milton has continued to eat fairly healthily, and has gained weight. I would guess he is up to around ten pounds, which still isn't much as he is a fairly large cat, and was previously weighed around 13lb without being overweight in the slightest.

His weight gain has been rather uneven, with him filling in around the waist, but still having very little flesh over his ribs, so in many respects he is still thin, and we believe that this is because our vet is basically correct - Milton has cancer, and is living on borrowed time. Because of that we are fully prepared for the day when he just won't eat*, ..... and about once every couple of weeks he seems to have a slow day and be less than enthusiastic about eating, and we wonder "is this it?" But overall he is still eating fairly well.

* My manager is aware that I will probably need, at some time, to make a run to the vet, we have an Amazon cardboard box ready, and I have a grave dug (and covered with concrete slabs) next to his late playmates, girls on one side of a young hickory and boys on the other.
Ah, shite, that's sad

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th 2017, 11:52 pm   #112
BEVS 
BE Site Lead
Administrator

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post

Flippin' tough.
As long as you guys feel Milton is having a good quality of life then all you can do is love him and keep on being prepared .
Old Oct 15th 2017, 2:40 pm   #113
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 16th 2017, 3:51 am   #114
BEVS 
BE Site Lead
Administrator

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
My lovely old Hollycat was just like that

Best one was up the stairs. I'd do the peekaboo from the top and he would do the stalk and stop thing on the way up until I boo'd him and then he would run back down and 'hide' until we started all over again
Old Oct 25th 2017, 2:40 am   #115
BEVS 
BE Site Lead
Administrator

Dusty , the pregnant kitten that came to live under the house , age now about 18 months we think. Had to trap her & have the vet sort everything out from vaccinations to abortion & neutering. She is now a very tame , talky young cat whose first love is old Ty and second love is Phil. I'm just food woman. lol

Tyler , my prince of princes. Age now 19 yrs 4 months. Has some renal failure so special diet. Blood pressure tablets for the old bp & insulin injections twice daily for the onset of diabetes. He's now quite stout and could using a walking cane sometimes. Still climbs up and down the stairs. Still checks out his territory. Still refuses to let Dusty slobber him. Still likes a gentle game now and then. Still gives me stick if I don't attend to his needs, wishes, wants. Still curls up with me.
The Kitty Cat Thread-dusty-tyler.jpg

Yes. We desperately need a change of flooring but that is expensive here.
Yes. Those are the only shoes I own.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 25th 2017 at 2:42 am.
BEVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th 2017, 3:53 am   #116
Lt Col (Retd)
Premium Member

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Dusty , the pregnant kitten that came to live under the house , age now about 18 months we think. Had to trap her & have the vet sort everything out from vaccinations to abortion & neutering. She is now a very tame , talky young cat whose first love is old Ty and second love is Phil. I'm just food woman. lol

Tyler , my prince of princes. Age now 19 yrs 4 months. Has some renal failure so special diet. Blood pressure tablets for the old bp & insulin injections twice daily for the onset of diabetes. He's now quite stout and could using a walking cane sometimes. Still climbs up and down the stairs. Still checks out his territory. Still refuses to let Dusty slobber him. Still likes a gentle game now and then. Still gives me stick if I don't attend to his needs, wishes, wants. Still curls up with me. ...
Tyler sounds like quite a character, and he's reached a pretty good age.

I am glad to hear that you could trap and tame Dusty, and get her fixed up.

We trapped some cats a few years ago, after an elderly neighbour died, but the three males were diseased, and one of the two young ones died for reasons unknown a couple of months later. Her sister and mother were feisty and resisted being tamed, and despite keeping them in a garage, and later in the cellar (with lights) they resisted all attempts to socialize them, and when we finally let them out they wandered off within a couple of days and we never saw them again. At least we got them vaccinated and neutered.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:08 pm   #117

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Cat learns to use computer. Any strange postings apparently from me may now be attributed to him.

He has also started picking up pencils by spreading out his paw/toes and then closing around the pencil

Will opposable thumbs be next?
Attached Thumbnails
The Kitty Cat Thread-cat-email.jpeg  
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:29 pm   #118
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post

Will opposable thumbs be next?
Please, please no. No No No...
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:34 pm   #119
Stand-up Philosopher

I was seeing feral cats on the security video at work and started feeding them, but it's slow progress now that the snow is here so I'm going to construct a shelter under an exit landing and see if I get any tenants.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:54 pm   #120

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I was seeing feral cats on the security video at work and started feeding them, but it's slow progress now that the snow is here so I'm going to construct a shelter under an exit landing and see if I get any tenants.
That's kind

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge