Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Aug 31st 2017, 12:42 pm   #91

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Kitty Cat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Yep, she's getting on a bit. She came with her brother, Max, but he disappeared one day aged about 2, never to return...
They are lovely cats. Huge, but very sweet.

Sorry about Max.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 9:43 pm   #92
BEVS 
BE Site Lead
Administrator

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ooo Beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
"I'm watching you. One false move and I'll bite your head off."
HeHe.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 9:49 pm   #93
Dreamy Female
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OMG she is so beautiful.

I'd have a Maine Coon in a heartbeat if I were allowed another animal.
Dreamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st 2017, 3:32 am   #94
Bash the fash

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
OMG she is so beautiful.

I'd have a Maine Coon in a heartbeat if I were allowed another animal.
They are startlingly beautiful cats, but oh my god the hair

Ours shed enough as it is and they are (supposed to be) 'domestic shorthairs'. I can only imagine the carnage if we ever had a Maine Coon or something like that.

But yeah, Lucy is majestic AF.

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st 2017, 6:31 am   #95
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for the adulation! She is quite majestic -- but is it a trait, she's not cuddly or particularly affectionate: a couple of minutes (at most) of contact, and that's it? Max was even more so.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 1:53 pm   #96

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks all for the adulation! She is quite majestic -- but is it a trait, she's not cuddly or particularly affectionate: a couple of minutes (at most) of contact, and that's it? Max was even more so.
Cats accept affection on their own terms. Our common or garden orange cat will NOT sit on laps under any circumstances, but very much likes to sit next to us and wants a lot of company. He loves being stroked and scratched and brushed - until all of a sudden for no apparent reason he doesn't and sinks his fangs into our flesh.

Cats aren't really domesticated at all. It's a true symbiotic relationship.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 1:57 pm   #97
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Nutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st 2017, 2:01 pm   #98
Bash the fash

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cats accept affection on their own terms. Our common or garden orange cat will NOT sit on laps under any circumstances, but very much likes to sit next to us and wants a lot of company. He loves being stroked and scratched and brushed - until all of a sudden for no apparent reason he doesn't and sinks his fangs into our flesh.

Cats aren't really domesticated at all. It's a true symbiotic relationship.
Cats love to be stroked, right up to the moment when they don't

Legolas is a total lap cat though, he'll just come and sit right on you and will expect that from then on your attention is focused solely on him. Purrs his arse off too. Gimli, on the other hand, will never sit on any of us but she will either sit next to you on the settee, or sit up on the top of the back near your head, she just doesn't want to be touched and will bite you for fun if you annoy her

Old Sep 1st 2017, 3:14 pm   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Cats love to be stroked, right up to the moment when they don't

Legolas is a total lap cat though, he'll just come and sit right on you and will expect that from then on your attention is focused solely on him. Purrs his arse off too. Gimli, on the other hand, will never sit on any of us but she will either sit next to you on the settee, or sit up on the top of the back near your head, she just doesn't want to be touched and will bite you for fun if you annoy her
Ours sleeps next to my son's head at night, which is apparently a bit hot in summer. But sit on his lap? No way.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 3:17 pm   #100
Bash the fash

Quote:
Ours sleeps next to my son's head at night, which is apparently a bit hot in summer. But sit on his lap? No way.
Oh, Legolas will try to get right up in between my wife and I at night and sleep by our heads. I'll move him if I'm still awake but he keeps trying. They do get very warm, he likes to jump up and sit on my shoulders, and in the winter I can wear him like a scarf around the house

Gimli (who supposedly 'doesn't like me' or so she'd have me believe) has always slept by my feet though for some reason.

Old Sep 2nd 2017, 8:18 am   #101
Dreamy Female
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
They do get very warm, he likes to jump up and sit on my shoulders, and in the winter I can wear him like a scarf around the house
Leia is a heat vampire. She'll sit on your chest and the area will be freezing by the time she leaves.

Weird cat.
Dreamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th 2017, 3:54 am   #102
Bash the fash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
Leia is a heat vampire. She'll sit on your chest and the area will be freezing by the time she leaves.

Weird cat.
That seems to go against all known laws of nature. Any cat I've ever encountered who chose to sit in my lap left me feeling so warm I was worried I'd pissed myself.

Legolas will sit on your chest all warm and purry, which is hundreds of times more effective at knocking me out than any sleeping pill currently on the market.

Old Sep 7th 2017, 8:44 pm   #103
BE Enthusiast

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Many of the posts on here remind me of why I don't like cats - with one exception, a monster ginger tom my Mother owned who had a collision with a Land Cruiser and lost an eye. You think that's bad - you should have seen the Land Cruiser!
Expatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th 2017, 10:26 pm   #104
BE Enthusiast

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Shamelessly pinched from another IB forum -
Attached Thumbnails
The Kitty Cat Thread-screenshot_2017-09-08-00-20-45%7E2.png  
Expatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 10:41 pm   #105
Forum Regular

Richard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond repute

Boris. He would not be a happy transatlantic flight cat.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kitty Cat Thread-109-0964_img.jpg  
Richard8655 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge