Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Aug 30th 2017, 12:47 pm   #76
Bob Male
Not so super superslob
Super Moderator

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Kitty Cat Thread

Well here's our gumpy sod.

I even got him a square of that wheat organic grass at the market as it seems to be a popular fad. He just looked at me funny. At least that was only a couple of bucks, rather than the $5-8 the grocery stores charge.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kitty Cat Thread-image-01.jpg  

Immigrants should be tarred and feathered....Yes, I like it kinky.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th 2017, 1:19 pm   #77

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post

I even got him a square of that wheat organic grass at the market as it seems to be a popular fad. He just looked at me funny. At least that was only a couple of bucks, rather than the $5-8 the grocery stores charge.
That's a sturdy cat.

Ours won't eat that grass either. He doesn't see the point. He sticks to cat food and once, expensively, cardboard scraps from his scratch box. He doesn't have that kind of scratch box any more...
Old Aug 30th 2017, 1:22 pm   #78

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Ours had a real problem with pinching properly when we first got him. Dingleberry city and being tan/orange it shows up really clearly too. Not sure what happened though, I can only guess that our other cat got sick of looking at it and taught him how to lick his own rusty sheriff's badge but now it's pristine. He likes to stick his arse in your face to show off his hard work.

Diet.

What you give him probably suits him better than what he was on before you got him. We took ours off dry food altogether, and hey presto, no more problems of that kind. They need moisture in food since they don't drink very much, unlike dogs. Everything now, er, passes smoothly. Except the above-mentioned expensive cardboard.
Old Aug 30th 2017, 1:36 pm   #79
Bash the fash

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That is the look of a cat that wants to know why he's just been bought grass instead of catnip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Diet.

What you give him probably suits him better than what he was on before you got him. We took ours off dry food altogether, and hey presto, no more problems of that kind. They need moisture in food since they don't drink very much, unlike dogs. Everything now, er, passes smoothly. Except the above-mentioned expensive cardboard.
Must have been whatever he was on at the shelter. Plus he had a tapeworm as well as my wife discovered when she saw a segment not emerge from, but in the general vicinity of his arse so I'm sure that wasn't helping things. His shits were vile too, now they are as close to inoffensive as a cat turd gets.

We feed both of ours dry food. Gimli likes to lick the gravy off wet food as a treat but we can't put that out for her anymore because Legolas will fight her for it and if he eats wet food he farts. Oh dear god he farts.

Both seem to drink a decent amount of water, but eternally weird Gimli will only drink it from the bathroom tap so we have to leave the sink running for her. Legolas will lap it up by the, well not gallon but ounce, from his bowl though and will happily jump up on you with his little wet chin and dribble all over you when he's done

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th 2017, 8:17 pm   #80
Bob Male
Not so super superslob
Super Moderator

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's a sturdy cat.
Yes, he's a bit of a fat beast. Has lost a lot of weight since we now have a second floor.

He was rather underweight when we first got him, as a stray though.

Old Aug 30th 2017, 10:12 pm   #81
Dreamy Female
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post

We feed both of ours dry food. Gimli likes to lick the gravy off wet food as a treat but we can't put that out for her anymore because Legolas will fight her for it and if he eats wet food he farts. Oh dear god he farts.

Both seem to drink a decent amount of water, but eternally weird Gimli will only drink it from the bathroom tap so we have to leave the sink running for her. Legolas will lap it up by the, well not gallon but ounce, from his bowl though and will happily jump up on you with his little wet chin and dribble all over you when he's done
Luke will only eat dry food - he's a weird cat, turns his nose up at fresh meat (like, proper fresh meat!!), even the fresh meat he sometimes accidentally catches himself.

Water is bizarre. They have a cat bowl of water up near their food, which Obi drinks from. Luke and Leia prefer to drink out of the dog water bowl, which is invariably full of labrador backwash. Leia has to stand in it before she'll drink it, then she'll come and dry her paws, ever so delicately, on your trousers.

Obviously, Luke also prefers to drink out of the toilet.
Dreamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st 2017, 12:10 am   #82
BEVS 
BE Site Lead
Administrator

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedpipe View Post
Wouldn't a brand new packet of wipes be more hygenic.....
Lol . Really made me giggle.

They don't tickle his fancy much.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 12:13 am   #83
BEVS 
BE Site Lead
Administrator

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He adopted you didn't he?
Probably decided you came with a set menu.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 3:37 am   #84
Bash the fash

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
Luke will only eat dry food - he's a weird cat, turns his nose up at fresh meat (like, proper fresh meat!!), even the fresh meat he sometimes accidentally catches himself.

Water is bizarre. They have a cat bowl of water up near their food, which Obi drinks from. Luke and Leia prefer to drink out of the dog water bowl, which is invariably full of labrador backwash. Leia has to stand in it before she'll drink it, then she'll come and dry her paws, ever so delicately, on your trousers.

Obviously, Luke also prefers to drink out of the toilet.
Gimli will only eat one particular brand of dry food. She's incredibly picky - apart from occasionally trying to lick some ice cream, she doesn't really go after anything else except the wet food gravy (weirdo).

Legolas, who also tries to drink out of the toilet, absolutely loves fried chicken though. If we have any and happen to have left some sitting out, even the leftover bones etc on our plates, he'll be trying to nab one. I found a drumstick he hid behind the blinds by our patio door once. He's a weirdo too. Wouldn't have it any other way. Well, maybe with fewer farts.

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st 2017, 3:57 am   #85
upsidedowner
Super Moderator

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Indi won't eat any human type food. She's looked vaguely interested in the smell of smoked salmon and may lick my finger but that's it. She'll eat just about any cat food but 99% of the time it's Royal Canin Obesity which she inhales. I keep her off wet food given she doesn't poop in a litter tray. Wet food poop isn't easy to pick up.

The Recipe Thread Index:
moneypenny20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st 2017, 7:00 am   #86
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Lucy

The Kitty Cat Thread-lucy-2.jpg

The Kitty Cat Thread-lucy.jpg
Old Aug 31st 2017, 11:03 am   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Maine coon?
Old Aug 31st 2017, 11:11 am   #88

"I'm watching you. One false move and I'll bite your head off."
Attached Thumbnails
The Kitty Cat Thread-20150307_134556.jpg  
Old Aug 31st 2017, 11:28 am   #89
Bob Male
Not so super superslob
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
He adopted you didn't he?
Probably decided you came with a set menu.
He did, indeed.

Old Aug 31st 2017, 12:15 pm   #90
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maine coon?
Yep, she's getting on a bit. She came with her brother, Max, but he disappeared one day aged about 2, never to return...

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge