Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Aug 23rd 2017, 1:45 pm   #46
Bash the fash

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Kitty Cat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Cat box cleaning absolutely stimulates their need to go. Our cat always hears when someone is cleaning his box. He runs over to it, waits until the cleaning is done, then jumps in and uses it immediately
It's because we're removing their smell from it, so they have to go pee in it right away. I still don't like it when they watch you doing it, you can just feel the disapproval.

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 2:31 pm   #47
upsidedowner
Super Moderator

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Indi insists on only using the litter tray for peeing. Since her paralysis/illness/deafness episode she's somehow lost the ability to poop in the tray but she will do it on the tiles next to the tray. I think I'm grateful it's that way round, poop is a lot easier to pick up off a tiled floor than pee.

The Recipe Thread Index:
moneypenny20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th 2017, 3:58 am   #48
BEVS 
BE Site Lead
Administrator

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
That's what you think.

Anyhow: The name's Bond. Vagabond. (Really -- she's the resident at Ocean Vagabond bar/restaurant, my local.)

Attachment 128384
She is lovely
Old Aug 24th 2017, 1:23 pm   #49
Lt Col (Retd)
Premium Member

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Indi insists on only using the litter tray for peeing. Since her paralysis/illness/deafness episode she's somehow lost the ability to poop in the tray but she will do it on the tiles next to the tray. I think I'm grateful it's that way round, poop is a lot easier to pick up off a tiled floor than pee.
One of our "outdoor" cats that we used to bring into the garage at night, used to pee up against the outside of a litter tray. The pee then ran under the tray. And cleaning up the resulting mess became a two person job.

We tried putting the litter tray in a washing machine drip tray i.e about 3ft×3ft, but that just made a bigger mess. We eventually reached the conclusion that she was just an @§§hole.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 1:26 pm   #50
Bash the fash

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
One of our "outdoor" cats that we used to bring into the garage at night, used to pee up against the outside of a litter tray. The pee then ran under the tray. And cleaning up the resulting mess became a two person job.

We tried putting the litter tray in a washing machine drip tray i.e about 3ft×3ft, but that just made a bigger mess. We eventually reached the conclusion that she was just an @§§hole.
Yeah, that cat was 100% doing that on purpose. I don't know what you did (and it could have been something as simple as glancing in her general direction from another room) but you did something to piss it off.

At least she didn't get chronic, explosive diarrhea I suppose. Small mercies, and all that.

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th 2017, 1:51 pm   #51
upsidedowner
Super Moderator

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The house guest cat's 'owners' brought her stuff over with her including her 'litter tray'. It was a plastic baby bath with the drain hole glued up. Their reasoning was that she flicked litter around, it was easier in the bath. It stunk, she still flicked litter everywhere so we put it outside and bought her a new proper tray - no more litter flicked than before. However they also said they'd come round on bin day to empty the bath. They honestly thought we'd do what they do and just pile more litter on top of poop. A week's worth of shit in the spare room? I don't think so!

The Recipe Thread Index:

Last edited by moneypenny20; Aug 26th 2017 at 10:33 am.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 1:52 pm   #52

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A week's worth of shit in the spare room?
Good album title.
Old Aug 25th 2017, 11:44 pm   #53
Lt Col (Retd)
Premium Member

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Yeah, that cat was 100% doing that on purpose. I don't know what you did (and it could have been something as simple as glancing in her general direction from another room) but you did something to piss it off. ....
I suspect that she didn't appreciate being shut in the garage at night, even though it was obviously for her own good.

The problem she faced was that although she got a "snack" for breakfast, about 2/3rds of her daily food ration was provided in the evening, when we opened the garage door to let her in. Then she was trapped! in the eight years or so that we had her, she only ever managed two or three times to sneak away and spend the night outdoors, without having had any supper.

I also think, from a cat's perspective, her problem was having the misfortune to belong to people who were natural dog owners.
Old Aug 26th 2017, 7:57 am   #54
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Orange cats....

What do you mean I don't fit? Of course I fit.
Nice Rug
GeniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th 2017, 10:35 am   #55
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Here's one..... on a hot tin roof.

Spoiler:
Old Aug 27th 2017, 11:32 am   #56
upsidedowner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedpipe View Post

Lordy they were pretty people!

The Recipe Thread Index:
Old Aug 27th 2017, 2:17 pm   #57
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Lots of lashing points...
Old Aug 27th 2017, 6:58 pm   #58
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

"Frankly, I can't see the resemblance!"
Spoiler:
Old Aug 27th 2017, 10:00 pm   #59
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Frankly, I can't see the resemblance!"
Maybe French ones look different.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 10:36 pm   #60
Queen of Diplomacy
Premium Member

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lordy they were pretty people!
Indeed.
Grief as total as in its first hour
Dorothy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge