Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 3:57 pm   #31
Bash the fash

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Kitty Cat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Sounds like me.
In cat years (apparently, I got this from the internet when my daughter asked me) she's about 60. She's got not time for our shit, she has pensioner cat things to do.

Those things are sleeping, eating, sleeping again, hissing at Legolas, biting me, shitting and sleeping.

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 4:13 pm   #32

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
This is the only picture I have of my two on my phone and it is an incredibly rare photo of them both together not trying to kill each other

Gimli (11, female) is the black and white one on the left and Legolas (almost 1, male) is the tan tabby on the right. She's kind of mean and only really likes my wife, though she tolerates me because I feed her. Legolas is incredibly friendly and will rub all over just about anyone who comes into the house to get attention. Polar opposites.
Orange cats....

What do you mean I don't fit? Of course I fit.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kitty Cat Thread-bag-cat.jpg   The Kitty Cat Thread-desk-cat.jpg  
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 4:15 pm   #33
Bash the fash

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Orange cats....

What do you mean I don't fit? Of course I fit.
Both of mine love boxes and will try to get into just about any we happen to have. Shoeboxes will be claimed almost immediately. Then they fight over them.

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 4:21 pm   #34

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Both of mine love boxes and will try to get into just about any we happen to have. Shoeboxes will be claimed almost immediately. Then they fight over them.
Ours also likes boxes, but we don't bother trying to fight him for them.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 4:23 pm   #35
Bash the fash

Quote:
I'm happy to let them have the boxes, but Gimli believes that she should have them all, and will defend her box with deadly force, if necessary. Provocation includes everything from touching the box to looking at her from another room.

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 4:51 pm   #36

Quote:
I'm happy to let them have the boxes, but Gimli believes that she should have them all, and will defend her box with deadly force, if necessary. Provocation includes everything from touching the box to looking at her from another room.
Our cat has a rug. Well, apparently it's his rug. If someone comes and stands on it while he's sitting on it he stalks and attacks their feet. Especially if they are barefoot. This only happens on one rug.

Cats just aren't right.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 5:36 pm   #37
Bash the fash

Quote:
Our cat has a rug. Well, apparently it's his rug. If someone comes and stands on it while he's sitting on it he stalks and attacks their feet. Especially if they are barefoot. This only happens on one rug.

Cats just aren't right.
On the contrary, that sounds exactly right to me. No messing with the rug

Legolas has this habit of waiting on the stairs when I get home from work and then jumping on my back when I'm bent down untying my shoes. He will then sit on my shoulders as I walk up the stairs unless I shake him off.

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 9:49 pm   #38
Queen of Diplomacy
Premium Member

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Poor thing, she's old and wants to be left alone and in comes this overly friendly kitten who just can't take a hint. Every day you'll hear him running around, shortly followed by her hissing at him because he won't leave her alone
That sounds like me with every human I come in contact with.
Grief as total as in its first hour
Dorothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 12:14 am   #39
Dreamy Female
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Luke looks like an asshole.
The asshole has just spent Mr Dreamy's tax rebate, courtesy of the Vet. Oh well, I didn't want a new laptop or a long weekend away or anything
Dreamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 1:25 am   #40
Queen of Diplomacy
Premium Member

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
The asshole has just spent Mr Dreamy's tax rebate, courtesy of the Vet. Oh well, I didn't want a new laptop or a long weekend away or anything
What? The long weekend in WA? That cat is an asshole!
Grief as total as in its first hour
Dorothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 2:28 am   #41
Lt Col (Retd)
Premium Member

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
After Herschel died and Milton was left alone, I got some boxes for Milton to play with and hide in. He mistook them for litter boxes and so started peeing and pooing in them.

Milton was not at the head of the line when brains were handed out.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 10:22 am   #42
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
That's what you think.

Anyhow: The name's Bond. Vagabond. (Really -- she's the resident at Ocean Vagabond bar/restaurant, my local.)

The Kitty Cat Thread-vag1.jpg
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 12:30 pm   #43
upsidedowner
Super Moderator

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
That's what you think.

Anyhow: The name's Bond. Vagabond. (Really -- she's the resident at Ocean Vagabond bar/restaurant, my local.)

Attachment 128384

The Recipe Thread Index:
moneypenny20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 1:37 pm   #44
Bash the fash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
That sounds like me with every human I come in contact with.

Yeah, I can relate to that. Probably why I like cats so much now I think of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
After Herschel died and Milton was left alone, I got some boxes for Milton to play with and hide in. He mistook them for litter boxes and so started peeing and pooing in them.

One of the cats I had in the UK did a similar thing. I was cleaning out the litter box at the time and he obviously had to go because he sat down in a small Amazon shipping box on the floor and had a slash. The look on his face did look rather apologetic but I guess I wasn't working fast enough for his liking.

That was before they both became outside cats and would do their business in the neighbor's yard instead

Old Aug 23rd 2017, 1:41 pm   #45

Quote:

Yeah, I can relate to that. Probably why I like cats so much now I think of it.

One of the cats I had in the UK did a similar thing. I was cleaning out the litter box at the time and he obviously had to go because he sat down in a small Amazon shipping box on the floor and had a slash. The look on his face did look rather apologetic but I guess I wasn't working fast enough for his liking.

That was before they both became outside cats and would do their business in the neighbor's yard instead

Cat box cleaning absolutely stimulates their need to go. Our cat always hears when someone is cleaning his box. He runs over to it, waits until the cleaning is done, then jumps in and uses it immediately

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge