Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Oct 4th 2017, 3:09 pm   #46
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you ever been 'famous' for five mins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I have no idea. She liked to drink and smoke and go to Ronnie Scott's - pretty understandable under the circumstances.
OH was reading about her only last week.. Some 'memoir'? Where they said she had a penchant for humiliating people... Maybe she had her reasons?
GeniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th 2017, 1:03 am   #47
upsidedowner
Super Moderator

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
OH was reading about her only last week.. Some 'memoir'? Where they said she had a penchant for humiliating people... Maybe she had her reasons?
Of course she had her reasons, everyone does whatever anyone else thinks. Maybe she just didn't suffer fools or put up with bullshit. Just because it's written doesn't mean it's fact.

The Recipe Thread Index:
moneypenny20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th 2017, 8:28 pm   #48
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I had a video shown on local TV news, with my name briefly flashed on screen.
They had asked to interview me but I declined.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 11:25 pm   #49
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Small beer for me:

My daughter was the 'Telethon child' (televised fundraiser for kids with a disability and high medical needs) one year, I got a bit of secondary coverage from that

I had a car accident on a major highway in peak hour traffic and the ambulance and police vehicles had a hell of a time getting through, which sparked a debate in the media during which my name was bandied about (with my permission)

The two incidents above are not linked
Old Oct 15th 2017, 9:33 am   #50
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwoo View Post
I had a video shown on local TV news, with my name briefly flashed on screen.
They had asked to interview me but I declined.
Why did you decline? Do you regret that now?

Last edited by GeniB; Oct 15th 2017 at 9:37 am.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 9:37 am   #51
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Small beer for me:

My daughter was the 'Telethon child' (televised fundraiser for kids with a disability and high medical needs) one year, I got a bit of secondary coverage from that

I had a car accident on a major highway in peak hour traffic and the ambulance and police vehicles had a hell of a time getting through, which sparked a debate in the media during which my name was bandied about (with my permission)

The two incidents above are not linked
Whoohoo! you got the flashing lights and everything (even if they were police ones..) Seriously though.. I hope you weren't badly hurt in the accident?
Old Oct 15th 2017, 12:57 pm   #52
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whoohoo! you got the flashing lights and everything (even if they were police ones..) Seriously though.. I hope you weren't badly hurt in the accident?
Thanks Geni, I needed a spinal fusion but I'm ok now. The three years it took to get compensation was far more painful!
Old Oct 15th 2017, 3:43 pm   #53
BE Enthusiast

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Does being called several times by name for an aircraft count? (I was stuck in the security queue).
Expatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th 2017, 3:50 am   #54
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why did you decline? Do you regret that now?
I've never been good at that sort of thing, being an introvert and shy person, I wish I was less so. Strangely, or maybe not, my wife is an extrovert and very outgoing.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 7:48 pm   #55
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Thanks Geni, I needed a spinal fusion but I'm ok now. The three years it took to get compensation was far more painful!
Ughh Not so nice.. I know what you mean about the pain of compensation. Took me seven yrs to get some for my YD after her accident.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 7:49 pm   #56
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Does being called several times by name for an aircraft count? (I was stuck in the security queue).
Hmmmm If there was a large enough audience ,I suppose it does
Old Oct 16th 2017, 7:50 pm   #57
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
I've never been good at that sort of thing, being an introvert and shy person, I wish I was less so. Strangely, or maybe not, my wife is an extrovert and very outgoing.
Opposites do attract
Old Oct 16th 2017, 8:39 pm   #58
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Opposites do attract
...and still do after 56 years.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 8:45 pm   #59
BE Enthusiast

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hmmmm If there was a large enough audience ,I suppose it does
Brussels, early morning, thousands would have heard it!
Expatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th 2017, 8:46 pm   #60
BE Enthusiast

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
...and still do after 56 years.

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge